Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011...Welcome 2012

The year 2011 has been a wonderful year in so many ways, and my husband and I have been blessed to have two gorgeous granddaughters born, making the total SIX! We couldn't be more in love than we already are with these blessings from God. Thank you Jesus for our sweetheart babies!

We have also been blessed to serve another year in the Kingdom of God. We are so thankful for all of our ministry friends and their families. We are honored to be part of such great people, and feel your love as we travel around the district. We are blessed to be in your company. We are looking forward to another great year in the Texas District and anxious to see what God "has up His sleeve" for all of us. ;-)

As I've gone about my home this evening, unpacking from a very busy three days, I have been feeling the presence of the Most High God bidding me to "draw closer" to Him. I found myself singing...

Jesus, You're the center of my joy;
All that's good and perfect comes from You.
You're the heart of my contentment;
Hope for all I do.
Jesus, You're the center of my joy. 

My heart is reaching for more of Him, and less of me in this New Year. Just to dwell in His presence, and know He is near when I whisper His Name is a beautiful comfort.

The New Year...2012...I want to go back to the basics. I really would like to get rid of any access baggage that would weigh me down in my spirit. Whatever "bugs me" because I'm human, I would love to not worry about anymore, but the only way to do that is to focus on the One who is PERFECT in ALL things! I want to know what His Word has to say to me this year, and to know what He expects of ME. I want to know Him more and spend more time with Him in prayer losing myself in His presence just to know Him.

I have a "special project" that I am starting this year that I'm looking forward to. I spent a long time today finding exactly what I wanted and needed to help me with this. It's something that will have eternal benefits and I'm excited! I may disclose what it is at a later date, but at this time I want to keep it close to my heart.

What are your plans this year? Do you have anything you're really wanting to accomplish? Whatever it is, let it become your PASSION, especially if it is something that will draw you closer to God. When 2012 comes to a close may we all look back and say we had a wonderful year and that we love God more than we did when we began the year. May His grace and mercy lead us, may we see the things of God come into focus and the things of the world fade into the background. And, if Jesus chooses to come back for His children, my heart's desire is to see you dancing on the streets of gold!

I will leave my blog for the year 2011 by focusing once again on what's important and singing...

This world, this world is not my home.
This world, this world is not my home.
This world, is not my resting place.
This world, this world is not my home.


Goodbye 2011 ... WELCOME 2012!   I'm happy to see you...

No comments: