Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Morning 2011

What a beautiful Christmas Morning!  As I was coming out of a deep sleep and realizing it is Christmas, my husband greeted me with a cup of hot coffee and said "I love you!"  How blessed I am to have the greatest man on earth as my husband, my friend!  I woke up a little and my mind wandered to the "real reason" we celebrate today, and I found myself singing a song...

OH HOW I LOVE HIM!  HOW I ADORE HIM!
My breath, my sunshine...my all in all.
The great Creator...became my SAVIOR!
And all God's fullness...dwelleth in Him.

What a wonderful Savior JESUS is! To leave the beauty and splendor of Heaven, and come to us as a "babe wrapped in swaddling clothes" is one of the greatest LOVE STORIES of all time. GOD manifested in the flesh...came to earth...to be our SAVIOR!


OH HOW I LOVE HIM! HOW I ADORE HIM!

A song Wendell and I have sung through the years tells the story...

The wonder of wonders as she looked on His face;
That this little boy spoke the worlds in their place.
The stars and the moon shining brightly on them;
The earth and the sun were created by Him.

The wonder of wonders, oh how could it be;
That God became flesh and was given for me?
The Almighty came down and walked among men.
The wonder of wonders He died for my sins.

The wonder of wonders as she looked down and smiled;
That He was her Maker as well as her child.
He created the womb that had given Him birth.
He was God incarnate come down to the earth.

The wonder of wonders as she heard His small cry.
That this voice had thundered on Mt. Sinai.
The small hand she held, so tenderly;
Had made a dry path through the mighty Red Sea. 

OH...the WONDER of wonders... 

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called...Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.  (Isaiah 9:6)

GOD CAME TO US! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,  JESUS! Even though you were not accepted by many, and they tried to destroy you forever, you are ALIVE and we CELEBRATE your birth...the Savior of the World!

No comments: