Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Walmart Encounter

While walking down the "Christmas aisles" at Walmart today, I was greeted by a gentleman with a big smile and happy voice.  "Hello Sis. Elms!  How are you doing today?"  I answered I was doing great and asked how he was doing.  You know, the "usual" greeting.  He then went on to say, "We are doing great and looking for great things to happen in the New Year!"  He had my attention! I love positive statements! I shared with him the thought that had crossed my mind earlier today..."As I was leaving the camp ground awhile ago I got excited about all the events that's going to be happening in 2012 on the camp grounds, and I'm really looking forward to them."  "Oh yes, me too!" He replied.  Then, he went on to say, "I'm REALLY excited about our church and the revival we're going to have this year!"  He then went his way, and I went mine, but as I walked away my heart was lifted up just hearing about the "good things to come". Thank you, Bro. Shubert for the "happy encounter in the Christmas aisle" at Wal-Mart!

I cannot get away from Bro. Shubert's tone of voice.  The excitement and happiness he shared today will be with me for awhile.  I also can't get away from the fact that even though Bro. Shubert has pastored a long time and lived a lot of life, he was still excited about the work of God in his own church and in our district.

As people age, it's easy for some to forget all the good times of the past, and focus on the negative, causing them to be cynical, critical, skeptical, and negative. They've lived a lot of life, seen a lot of "things" happen, experienced disappointments, had struggles, and now on the "back side of life" they may have pain in their body and to be real honest, it would be a easier to grumble and complain than to be positive and looking forward to the future. Lord, help us all to focus on "good things" and to keep in mind that life goes on and there is a great future ahead for each one of us.

Without a vision...we perish! When we don't look forward...we go backward. When we're not positive...we become negative! We have a great future ahead this year! Yes, we have had our losses in our Apostolic movement, and we've hurt for those we love as they have gone through their loss. It hasn't been "fun" and at times we feel it will never be the same. Let me say...it won't! We've lost many giants of the faith, but we haven't lost the reason for having Apostolic revival! In fact, we have more reason than ever to have it! We are not alone! Somehow I feel all our loved ones are on the balcony of Heaven cheering us on. I can hear them saying..."Keep moving! Keep running! You're ahead in this race! You are winning! If you only knew what we KNOW you would run stronger and faster than you ever have. Keep the faith! Don't compromise! Don't give into the pressures of the outside! Stay focused! Preach truth! Pray! Fast! Commit! The finish line is just in sight! If you could only see what we see from up here...you would simply be AMAZED!"

I am planning on finishing this race! There are those who have veered to the right and to the left, but I'm "running with winning on my mind". I will not be detoured by those who want to get my attention off the goal. I will not listen to their talk of disdain and discontent. I am going to make it all the way!

As 2012 is quickly overtaking us, will you join me in a fresh commitment to keeping the faith, having a positive outlook and to showing the younger generations that what we've all "lived for" is truly worth "dying for"? Let's love one another like never before. Let's stay true to each other, more than ever. Let's support each other, and be loyal to the cause of the Kingdom. As a unified effort we can see greater victories, greater revival, and a greater harvest in 2012.

No comments: