I saw this "puzzle" on my sister Ronda's Facebook page and took the "test". The first words I saw were...LAZY, MENTAL, NAIVE, PASSIONATE! Wow! That's really what I saw, but I know I'm not lazy or "mental". Naive, sometimes. Passionate...yes. So, I didn't let my first look at this puzzle bother me. A little while later when I was sitting at my computer I went to read comments of others that "took this test" and I figured out what my problem was... ;-) I had read it on the small screen of my phone! When I got on the computer the "puzzle" was BIGGER and much easier to SEE better qualities! (happy, patient, witty, naive - I guess that ones okay) Then, just below it I saw the word, passionate.
I think there's a lesson in this. Many times we scrutinize ourselves under a microscope causing us to see a lot of negative qualities that we don't like. But, when we look at the bigger picture of how God made us, if we allow ourselves to "look through His eyes of love", we just might see the wonderful things He placed in us. Yes, there ARE times we should place ourselves under a microscope, but let those times be in the presence of God so He can take away the things that hinder us from being all He wants us to be. Just a thought...
It is now several hours later than when I wrote the first part of this post: I was visiting with my daughter-in-law Mandy and we were talking about "what we saw" in this puzzle. I read to her this post. In a little bit she said, "Mom, that doesn't say "mental", it's SENTIMENTAL! LOL! We laughed and then I realized that sometimes we need someone else to point out what we do not "see". I must say that I AM SENTIMENTAL, and I'm sure glad she came along and pointed out the "rest of the word" so I could tell you "the rest of the story". I feel much better about myself now. :-)

2 comments:
Independent, Insecure, Naive and Genuine. All true. :) Fun post!
HAPPY, DRAMATIC, THOUGHTFUL, COURAGOUS,
I thought about these,and felt they are good. I never think of myself as dramatic, but maybe....
thank you for sharing.
Cheri
Post a Comment