The other celebration was not one that we look at as being a"happy occasion". As Heaven was rejoicing over a child of God being ushered through the gates of splendor, we were saying good-bye to a "mighty man of valor". Bishop Kenneth F. Haney walked among us and was a leader to all who knew him. He fought many battles and as we celebrated his home-going we knew he had won the war!
No longer would he fight the battles of sickness, pain, and death! He had fought the "good fight of faith", never wavering in what he preached and living each moment to please God. Through every battle and every test that was thrown at him he chose to live above reproach, guiding those who were following him down the road of truth and righteousness. Bishop Haney was a man who lived what he preached, never backing down, or giving into the pressures of the negative spirits of this world.
I have known Bishop Haney all of my life and I never questioned his walk with God. I never wondered about his integrity of wanting to do the right thing. My family has been blessed to be in his presence on occasion and never did we hear a negative word come out of his mouth. He was all about "lifting up the name of Jesus" and being loyal to the men and women around us who were part of our great organization, the UPCI. I am thankful for the opportunity to have known this great leader and friend. From this perspective, I am sad that we have lost yet another warrior in death.
Even though I am sad at the loss of Bishop Haney, I have to stop and re-think what has actually happened. In Heaven, there was a big celebration that took place on November 10, 2011. As I think about Heaven and try to understand what my mind doesn't really comprehend, I do feel like I can see a little clearer from "heaven's point of view". The first celebration was a newly wed couple that was beginning a "new life" together. The second celebration was a man of God who was ending "life on earth and beginning a new life for eternity". In view of what I have experienced this week, I can rejoice in BOTH of these celebrations. If I could see what God sees, I believe He sees a young couple walking onto the platform of revival, excited about the future of the Church, and will enjoy the many souls that will come to know God through their ministry. They walk onto the stage with other committed preacher's and wives who are part of a growing church, an Apostolic movement that is moving forward seeing the miraculous happen through the power of God! On the other hand, an elder, a soldier who has fought many battles has made his entrance through the gates of splendor, rejoicing because he has "won the war"!
Bishop Kenneth F. Haney, you have left footprints for us to follow. We will be careful to continue walking in the clear path you have made. Thank you, for the many messages you preached about "holding onto that which was once delivered to the saints". Thank you, for the vision of reaching the lost. Thank you for never letting us forget why the Church is here! Your voice was heard loud and clear and it lives on is walking up and down the corridors of our minds! We will continue "contending for the faith" and will preach without "fear or favor" making sure we "cross that finish line", and when we do...I know you and countless saints of all the ages will be waiting to welcome us HOME!
No comments:
Post a Comment