Somehow in my heart tonight I feel there is someone "out there" hurting. There were times through my growing up years I felt like the "world had caved in on me", and I would hear my mother say, "It's going to be alright". I might have fallen and skinned my knee, or my heart might have been broken by a boy, but the comforting words of mother, "it's going to be alright" would break through my pain, and somehow it soothed my feelings.
As I grew up and started going through "life's trials" there were times I thought, it would sure be nice to hear the words "it's going to be alright" and all of a sudden things would get better like they did when I was a child, but it didn't work that way. Yes, I heard those words, but they didn't "fix" the pain. But, it always helped to know that someone understood and cared.
As much as I would like to help you out of your valley, there are some roads you just have to walk on. I'd love to tell you that life is a beautiful rose garden without any thorns, but that's not true.
Life is a beautiful garden full of beautiful flowers, and sometimes when you reach to pick one from the garden you might get hurt, but that doesn't mean the whole garden is now full of thorns. You must keep walking through the garden looking for the beauty and enjoy the beautiful fragrance that surrounds you.
I'm sure some of you know of what I speak, because you've had a broken heart, a disappointment, a terrible relationship blow at sometime in life.
The words to the song, "In the Valley...He restoreth my soul" has kept coming to me this evening.
When I'm low in spirit I cry Lord lift me up.
I want to go higher with Thee.
But the Lord knows I can't live on the mountain.
So, He picked out a valley for me.
He leads me beside still waters.
Somewhere in the valley for below.
He draws me aside to be tested and tried.
But, in the valley He restoreth my soul.
Let me walk beside you in the valley. Let me take your hand and say, "it's going to be alright". Even though "mere words" do not take away the pain, it helps to know you're not alone in your valley. As we walk along, let me point out to you the beauty that's surrounding you. You may be struggling with a hurting heart, but I know the "heart-mender". He is there in the shadows of the valley waiting to "restore your soul". There are times you feel like you're going to die because of the "pain" you're going through, but listen as I tell you, "It's going to be alright"! Everyone must walk through a valley, but if you keep walking you'll see the dark trail you're walking on become brighter. When you lift your eyes to see what is happening around you, you will see the sun has finally broken through.
I know of what I speak. I have been there before. When my heart was about to break and I couldn't see my way clear I "looked up" to see the Light had broken through my darkness. Keep walking! Lift your eyes to Jesus! He is your strength, your hope, and He is telling you..."it's going to be alright".
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1


No comments:
Post a Comment