Thursday, September 29, 2011

This is a LOT of Work!

Today I have sat at my desk and computer for most of the day printing off my blog.  Maybe I didn't have to do it, but I am feeling better by the second, although my neck is killing me.  :-)  I really cannot believe I have written so much over the last 6 years.  When I started my blog I didn't know whether I would enjoy writing and keeping a blog.  I really started it to understand what everybody else was doing.  I get tickled thinking about one of the first times I heard about someone "writing a blog".  I didn't have any idea what a BLOG was!  After starting mine, I quickly became attached to it and it became a "very close friend".  I could write what was happening in my life.  I could share my thoughts with everyone, and, I could stay in contact with friends and family, because a lot of times I got comments from them.  I also made "new friends".  I can see how "blogging" would fit me just right.  I love being in contact with everyone and feeling like they are part of my life all the time. 

When I became a part of Facebook I found that I really enjoyed it, but I noticed that I quit writing on my blog as much.  I also saw that those who commented on my blog didn't comment much anymore, to my dismay, but at least I could stay in contact with a lot of them on FB.  The one thing that has kept nagging at me during all of this has been the friends and family that I have who are not on FB.  So, I am really trying to get back in the habit of writing again.  Another thing I don't like about not writing on my blog is that I have not kept a "journal" of my life and thoughts like I did when I was writing a lot.

I guess I'm doing a little confessing tonight.  Maybe I shouldn't be putting this out for all the world to see, but we must confess sometimes. :-) I've always heard that "confession is good for the soul", I just hope it's "good for my blog". 

I will say goodnight for now.  I hope you are all doing well.  If you have a burden that you can't seem to carry, give it to Jesus!  He is standing by waiting for you to hand it to Him. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your have resumed your Blog. Everyone has been missing you!!

Linda Elms said...

Thank you! :-)