As I sit here on the couch in the evangelist quarters in Deweyville, TX my heart is overwhelmed with thanks! My mind started singing a song...I guess it's because my heart is so full. Here is the song...
"I've been blessed with so many things...God's been good to me.
I have FAMILY and FRIENDS who share in all I do." (that's the part that got my attention)
Oh yes! I'm so thankful for all of my loved ones and friends who take time to care and give me the gift of love through friendship. Over the last few weeks we have been blessed to be with many friends on different occasions. One of which was the Texas District Minister's and Wives Retreat in Granbury, TX. We had great fellowship with each other, and awesome, anointed teaching from Bro. and Sis. Robert Henson from Flint, MI. Everyone that I've talked to has said how much they enjoyed this time of refreshing. Sis. Donna Myre and Texas District Ladies Committee did a splendid job of planning the retreat. I really can't think of one thing that could have been better. I do wish all of our preacher's and their wives could have attended!
Following the retreat we had a good weekend preaching in Porter, TX for Pastor and Sis. Jerry Green. We had not been there to preach since the early '70's, and at that time we had no children. Memories flooded our minds as we enjoyed the presence of the Lord. We were treated very nice and had a wonderful time.
On Monday evening we were so honored to have our friends Bob and Donna Myre, and Robert and Shirley Henson drop by our home for coffee...and cookies. To have friends take time to be with you is wonderful! After a "too short" visit, they had to get back on the road, so standing at the front door we all joined together and prayed. I stood in the presence of great men of God and their wives, and my heart was so overwhelmed with thankfulness that I almost couldn't pray. I listened as Bro. Henson and the others thanked God for friendship and prayed that God would bless our home. Tears of thankfulness and joy flooded my heart, and I had to wipe my eyes and grab hold of my emotions so I wouldn't be totally overwhelmed. Yes...God's been good to me!
This past week was spent in preparation to speak at Section 3 Ladies Fellowship Conference. I felt so strong about what the Lord had given me to speak on and I looked forward to being at the conference. When we arrived in Deweyville Friday afternoon, we were welcomed by Darrell and Jeanetta Orange. We had some time to visit over a delicious meal at Tuffy's Restaurant, and once again the warmth of friendship was highlighted in my heart.
Jeanetta and I went on to the conference. When we got there we were greeted by beautiful ladies and from the moment I walked through the door I felt at "home". It was a great feeling! When the music started the ladies responded with spontaneous praise! God came into meet with us and did a beautiful work among us. After the service, Pinehurst UPC ladies served us a delicious meal. Everything was beautifully decorated! I enjoyed visiting with several ladies, and loved the warm hand shakes, and hugs. God's been good to me!
Today, was a wonderful day! We got to spend it with Jonathan, Brenda and their THREE GIRLS! Our granddaughters are so SWEET! We got hugs and kisses from Savanna and Scarlet, and I held our tiny bundle of love, Shayla Marie in my arms. It was wonderful!
So...as my husband is preparing for Sunday services, and I am winding down for the night, I must go back to the beginning of this post and say...God's been good to me! If for some reason you still haven't caught on to what I am saying, :-)...I don't know what else to say, except....
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME....ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!
I feel like the most blessed lady in the whole wide world! God's been good to....ME!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment