This morning while I was waking up, my mind wandered off to Heaven. For many years I have wondered how I would know the people I knew while here on earth, because when I haven't seen someone for many years it is sometimes hard to remember them, especially if they have changed a lot. Which, is usually the case after a LONG TIME! So, as I pondered this for a few minutes this morning the scripture came to me about "being known as we are known". I don't know if that's exactly the way it says it, but I'm sure you know what I'm referring to. I don't get into a lot of "theological thinking", but all my life I've been told that we would know each other "on the other side". I've always thought, "if we don't know each other, I can't see how it would be heaven". I know...I have to think like a human that has never been there, but I can't think any other way! :-) On with my thoughts...
So...this morning when this thought came to me I got SO EXCITED! I told Wendell later that "it was like a revelation had happened", and when I realized that I would REALLY KNOW all of my friends and those I've loved here on earth, my heart and mind started dancing because Heaven is going to be so AWESOME!
For those of you who know me really well, you know that I absolutely love being with friends, so today I have thought about getting to Heaven and it being one, big...HOMECOMING PARTY! The Special Guest will be Jesus and it will take place "in front of the throne".
How long will it take for all of us to make our way to the throne? I don't know, but I do know this...I will be there as SOON as I can get through the throng of people! So, y'all be sure and make your preparation because I really believe it won't be too much longer.
Until Then...my heart will go on singing...
No comments:
Post a Comment