My sisters left Saturday morning, and I hit the ground running. I had a lot to accomplish before the board meetings started Monday afternoon. I got it all done and was excited about the board members and their wives arriving in Lufkin! I always enjoy having my friends here in town and take every second I can to be with them. I know some of the wives come and have things they want to do in their rooms, but if I can do anything about it they won't get it done! :) I have convinced a few of them that they need to stay at the office with me so we can visit and "take care of the boards needs" which consists of "keeping food and beverages" available. This time we also helped Donna Myre and Diane Green with Ladies Ministries mail outs. We got it all done and I was happy to help my friends.
On Tuesday we all went to eat in the Texas Bible College cafeteria. Bro. and Sis. McInnis fixed a delicious gumbo and we enjoyed it so much! After eating and speaking to a few people I started walking back to the District Office. As I walked, I had a wonderful feeling about where I was. We have a beautiful camp ground that houses students of TBC, and some hard working employees that love working for the district. It was a beautiful day! The sun was shining, and a slight breeze ruffled the leaves on the trees. I was overwhelmed with thankfulness for all that God has done for the Texas District over the years. I felt safe and loved by God that day as I walked and talked to him. Thankful is a word that means a lot, but how do you really express the overflowing spirit of thankfulness for the things He has done? I was at a loss for words and I still am.
Tuesday afternoon was filled with applicants meeting the board for ministerial license with the United Pentecostal Church. The foyer of the office was FULL! There was excitement in the air. There were also those who were nervous about being there. If they had never gone through the "licensing process" and "meeting the board" they didn't know what to expect. I, along with some of the board members wives got to visit with these great people and hopefully helped them relax a little.
There are things that happen during this time that I will always remember. After a long day and evening of waiting for the board to call the applicants into the board room to be commissioned to "preach the Word", they had prayer. From the moment they started praying you could feel the power of God! After awhile there was tongues and interpretation and a hallowedness swept across the whole office complex. What a great way for the day to end.
I hated to tell everyone goodbye, but I felt much richer because I had the privilege to serve great men and their sweet wives...my friends. I felt fulfilled because I got to sit and talk to "new friends" who have a mission to reach this world with the gospel of Jesus Christ. I felt happy, because we laughed and talked, and had a chance to "get to know each other".
Yes, I was tired in body, but oh so thankful to be "where I'm at" at this time in life!
4 comments:
I was thinking about Ladies Conference last night, and getting excited about it! Thought of you as well because I know you have your hand in so much that happens at the campgrounds, and that is a blessing to many Texans!
I sure do love you Sis. Elms!
Veta
Christina, I'm looking forward to TWC, also. Can't wait for everyone to get here! Thank you for your sweet words. Love you!
Veta, I love you, too! It's good hearing from you!
Post a Comment