Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Love Surprises

My life has been filled with surprises! For some reason, my family has always enjoyed surprising each other. One time I will always remember is when Wendell and I were living in North Carolina and I was really homesick to see Daddy and Mother. I talked to Daddy and told him they needed to come see us. He asked about our plans and I told him Bro. and Sis. Johnny Godair had invited us to dinner at their home in a few days. After my begging to no avail, he let me believe it wasn't possible for them to come at that time. We arrived at the Godair's. They greeted us and invited us into the den. We visited for a few minutes, then the office door opened and Daddy and Mother were standing there!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! I'll never forget the look on Wendell's face, and the shocked expression on Jonathan and Andrew's faces. They were very young at the time, but they knew Grandma and Grandpa were suppose to be in TEXAS! I nearly fainted! At that moment I knew how the disciples must have felt when Jesus just "appeared" to them. WOW! Talk about speechless!

A few months ago Karla told me she was coming to see me for a week and she was coming ALL BY HERSELF! She didn't want ANYONE ELSE coming with her. That was fine with me, because we could do exactly as we wanted. When we get together our husband's understand that it's a very special time for us "girls" and they keep themselves occupied during that time. Karla and I hadn't been with each other just to have a "sisters week" for a long time, so I was excited. I thought about Ronda and how far away she was in California and wished she could be here with us, but knew it wasn't possible for her to come. Sometime during the day I called Karla to find out when she would be here, and she said she had a couple of stops to make in Dallas and would be getting here later in the evening. Around 8:30 P.M. my doorbell rang and she was finally here. I opened the door and RONDA was standing there looking at me!!! Karla wasn't anywhere to be seen! Oh my word! I couldn't believe my eyes! They said I "screamed backwards". That's when I scream and catch my breath at the same time. LOL! I've done that a few times in my life when I've been startled. Well...the rest is history and I didn't have a heart attack. We had a wonderful time just "being sisters". We shopped a little and visited a lot. And yes...we LAUGHED to our hearts content. Needless to say, it did us all good just being "sisters" for a week.

4 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

So glad y'all got to be together and have fun! Love this picture - priceless!!!

Linda Elms said...

Carla, it was wonderful!

Christina said...

So HAPPY you three could get together, love to see the pictures y'all take laughing, it is beautiful!

Karla said...

Hahaha!!! That was so fun!