Monday, November 08, 2010

Tiny Sparrows

We just pulled out of Lordsburg, NM. We had stopped to fill the car with fuel then on over to McDonald's to get a snack. When we pulled up to McDonald's we noticed a small stream of water coming from a rubber tube in the ground and big black birds were enjoying the refreshing water as they drank and showered, basking in the warmth of the sun. Upon getting back in the car, my husband took off the top piece of bread on the filet of fish he was going to eat and threw it out for the birds to eat. We thought the black birds would swarm the bread, but they were too busy to notice anything had changed around them. Then, out of nowhere we saw a tiny sparrow fly in and take ownership of the bread. Before we got out of the parking lot, there were several more "tiny sparrows" that had joined the feast. As we drove away the words of Jesus came to my mind and I turned to my husband and said, "If I see the sparrow that falls....how much more...."

Rusty Goodman use to sing a song entitled, "HOW MUCH MORE". This song tells how much Jesus really loves US.

If he knows when a Robin, falls from his nest, And he grieves... when he sees it die.

If he kisses the rose, with the morning mist, How much more, does he love you and I?

If he cares for the lilies, in an open field, and caresses each petal w/ dew.

If he acknowledges a tree, when the winds make it kneel, how much more does he love me and you?

If he takes out the tide, turns the desert from it's dry, And carves out rivers to sea.

Just to give a little brim, one more place to swim. How much more does he love you and me?

If he's prepared a place, for all that has been. I've been told and believe it's true.

He's preparing me a place I cannot comprehend. That's how much he really love me and you.

How much more than a fragrant rose, that he gives life In the spring.

Or does he love me less, than the bird in a nest, That never sows... yet he soars on the wing

If he can speak a word, and calm an angry wind, And Peace be still, can calm a rolling sea.

Then he can speak peace be still, to the storms that's within. That's how much he really loves me.

My friend...What are you worried about? What is it you've been needing God to take care of? Don't you think since He sees the tiny sparrow that falls, that He sees you as you stumble and fall? Take courage! He is watching you and will take care of your need!

Think on these things...

His greatness...
His love...
His mercy...
His care...

You're not alone...He's right beside you...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this.

Anonymous said...

Thank You! You have no idea how much I needed to hear that he loves me and sees me when I fall. I seem to have fallen and don't know how to get up! Your words meant so much to me tonight.

Linda Elms said...

Dear Anonymous...first let me say I'm glad this post spoke to your heart. That's one of the reasons I write. There are times I "feel" as I am writing that "what I am saying" is for someone who needs to "hear" it This is what I felt about this post. I will say again...He loves YOU! I'm glad I know this fact. God has helped me face many storms in life, and helped through them. Be of good courage! He will help you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sister Elms,
it is what i needed right now
i appreciate you allowing GOD to speak thru you ones you dont know,
May GOD richly bless you and your family,

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Linda, I'm not sure how I found your blog tonight, except that God sent me here to read your encouraging words in this post. Earlier this evening, I read one of my favorite Scriptures (Joshua 1:9) and your post is another confirmation that no matter the trial we find ourselves in, it isn't God's will for us to worry. He will either keep us from the fire, or walk with us through it.

Thanks so much for sharing your heart. It was just what I needed to read tonight.

Linda Elms said...

Dayle, I'm thankful this post brought encouragement to your heart. It's good hearing from you! I love how God "loves" us! Blessings to you! Thank you for writing!