To all the wonderful people in my life...HAPPY THANKSGIVING! You have been an inspiration to me as you've walked through life with me. Thank you for being true friends! To all my family that happens to read this today, KNOW that I love you more than I can express! You have been there for me through the years and I'm so thankful! I hope you all have a blessed day! Let's all remember to THANK GOD for HIS ABUNDANT BLESSINGS in our lives!
We are in North Carolina with the David Elms Family. It's been MANY years since we've been able to spend any holiday with them, and we are thankful it has worked out this year. We are having a fun and relaxing time just "being together". We will be traveling home in a few days. When we arrive I will decorate the house, and start preparing for Christmas. I know many have already decorated for Christmas, but I just can't bring myself to decorate until after Thanksgiving. I admit it would be nice to already have it done, but...I guess I'm still a "little old fashioned". :) I can't seem to get in the Christmas spirit until I've "given thanks" during the Thanksgiving Season.
I love this time of year! All the festivities, lights, songs, and many friends and family we get to enjoy. My blessings are too numerous to list! I thank God for His ever-lasting love and mercy in my life. When I think of His goodness I just have to sing:
Thank you Lord for saving my soul.
Thank you Lord for making me whole.
Thank you Lord for giving to me.
Thy great salvation so rich and so free.
Then I feel another song come springing from my heart:
Just want to tell you...I'm thankful for ALL you have done.
For the stars and the moon light, and the setting sun.
When my work on earth is through, I'm coming home to be with you.
Just want to tell you, I'm thankful that's all.
I hope you all are surrounded by friends and family today. If you have lost a loved one this year I trust you will feel the gentle arms of Jesus holding you and bringing you peace. You are not alone!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! ENJOY YOUR DAY!
2 comments:
Just wanted to let you and Bro. Elms know that Keith and I are so thankful for you two! Thankful for your leadership and the role model you two have set before us. Our lives have been made richer because of you. Love you both dearly and pray God's richest blessings on you!!!
Carla, thank you for this sweet comment! We love you both very, very much!
Post a Comment