It has been a good day! I love it when there's not a lot of things bothering my mind. I'm thankful!
I am in the process of preparing for the Texas District Board Meetings that start Monday. I take care of the snacks for the meeting and enjoy doing it. It's fun serving those who are leading our district.
My mind goes back many years ago when I was a teenager. The Western District Board (California) was meeting at our church in Fresno. Our church was over the food and snacks for the meeting and I was asked to "serve the board" in the "board room". It was such an honor to serve men of God and I couldn't believe I was one of the ones chosen to serve. When I look back over the years, and the respect I had for those men a wave of thankfulness floods my heart that I could serve our leaders way back then! I was just a young teenager, yet was given an opportunity to serve!
I'm amazed at how God prepares us for the future. That wasn't the only training I had in serving preacher's and their wives, but it was one of the highlights of my young life. The thought went through my head, "What if I accidentally spill something on one of them, or drop a plate of food on the floor"? I was so shy and afraid I would do something wrong, but my Mother told me I had to do it, so I did! I believe she was looking down through the years, and was doing her part to train me for whatever God had planned for my life. I'm sure she didn't know my husband was going to be the Texas District Secretary in the future, but she was training me for whatever I could do in the kingdom of God, and she wanted me to be ready.
The years have flown by, and I am no longer the young teenage girl that served another district board so long ago, but I still look forward to serving great men. Men who love the work of God. Men who love the organization they are part of. Men who love those they serve. Men who love the Kingdom of God and wants to see it flourish in these last days.
When the Texas District Board meet in the board room next week I am sure there will be a time of prayer before they begin. Over the past two and a half years there have been times I've been at the office, in the kitchen, and heard the familiar sound of prayer coming from the board room. It wasn't a "quiet" prayer, but heartfelt, deep prayer that ushered in the presence of God! In the middle of my role as "Martha" I felt the awesome power of God and wanted to fall to my knees in prayer.
The men that have been elected by the ministers of the Texas District do not come together to have a fun-filled time, although there will be some laughter, but when they meet they want God to be with them as they make decisions that affect our district. Maybe you could join with me and breathe a prayer for the Lord to be with every decision they make next week. I'm sure they would appreciate it.
As usual, I really wasn't sure what I was going to write about when I sat down at my computer. But, maybe I gave you a tiny glimpse of the "work of God and those who are leading us". From my perspective, we are in good hands in the Texas District and I feel safe!
4 comments:
This post brought back memories of when I was "just a young teenager, yet was given an opportunity to serve our leaders!" I was only 16 when I began working part time at Truth Tabernacle. I spent the next 10 years loving the work and that included the annual Western District Board meetings that still met in Fresno.
God has been so good to let my life be touched by so many wonderful men of God and their precious wives.
Linda, I feel the same way. Anytime I have the honor to serve the ministry, I feel so blessed. I believe like you that we are in good Godly care, with great leaders. At different meetings we attend, Nathan always says (and several times), "I feel so privileged to fellowship such good men/people". My sentiment exactly.
Great post!
Kathy, we have both been privileged to work around great people! I'm glad you wrote about your experience. Thank you!
Ronda, you do an awesome job serving the ministry in California. I've heard reports when you've been in charge of district hospitality, and of course I am proud of you! Thank you for your compliment. Love you!
Post a Comment