Saturday, July 17, 2010

So Glad I Know...Truth

I was sitting here tonight and thought, "I'm so glad I know Truth!" There are so many people who do not understand scripture, and do not know Jesus and what He can do for them. Then, there are those who have known Him, yet now do not have anything to do with Him. I do not understand how they can turn their back on Him after all He has done in their lives!

I really don't have any reason to write this tonight, except it's just a "thought" I had. I'm really hoping those who have turned their back on Him, will turn around and come back to where they once were. I also pray that they have not been so deceived that they do not even know that...they left Him!

One of the songs I've loved through the years rings in my ears.

Above all else, I must be saved.
Above all else, I must be saved.
Whatever you have to do to me,
Don't let me lost for eternity.
For above all else, I must be saved.

My heart also sings...

He's the only reason I live, but oh what a reason.
He's the only reason I live, but oh what a reason.
There's nothing in this world worth living for;
It only leaves you empty and longing for more.
Oh, He's the only reason I live, but oh what a reason.

If I didn't have Jesus in my life, I wouldn't have anything. There is NOTHING in this world that I want more than Him!

"Dear Jesus, in this last hour just before you come, please keep us close to YOU. And, please bring the wandering one "home". Amen!"

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Oh, Sis. Elms, we are sooo privileged and blessed indeed to know WHO we worship and to have this wonderful truth revealed to us!
Pastor Duane Kramer preached an awesome message this morning, "Truth to All Generations". Here is the link to it! You just have to hear it! How powerful it was!
We were visiting friends in Mt. Vernon this weekend and were in service with them.
Pastor Kramer was my youth pastor back in 1975 when I came into the church. Bro. J.S. Leaman was my pastor.
Here is the link:
http://www.vernonchurch.org/media/
It is the first message listed!

Linda Elms said...

Jewel, thank you for the website to hear the message. I will do that. I trust you are doing well. Blessings to you!