January 1, 2010 has been a beautiful day starting out the new year with the sun shining, people smiling and saying "Happy New Year". I've heard the voices of family and friends talking about things they have enjoyed in 2009. Simple things, like a do-nut from a special do-nut shop, the world's largest Christmas store, church services and the moving of the spirit as they gathered to worship the Lord. I listened as stories were told and laughter rang out bringing lightness to our hearts. Ahhh...it's a beautiful life when you're living it for God, and sharing with others!
Earlier today Wendell was on the phone with his brother Royce and I got to enjoy their conversation as their voices came across the speakers of the car phone. I couldn't help but think how "the Elms brothers" have such a great relationship with each other, and the deep respect and love they share. Then, I heard Royce laugh! There is no one that can laugh quite like him, and when he gets started it is contagious! The other day, one of our sons mentioned that "someone needs to use Uncle Royce's laugh as a ringtone"! LOL! I couldn't agree more!
I really hope 2010 will be a GREAT year for all of my friends and family. There is so much sadness and stress in our world, so I wish you all the joy you can hold, and maybe it will splash over on someone who is going through a tough time. Relax, laugh a lot, touch someone with love, and you'll find it makes life so much more FUN!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
No comments:
Post a Comment