"These soldiers don't fight because they hate
what's in front of them.
They fight because they love what's behind them."
Knowing some of you who read my blog, I think this quote got your attention just like it got mine when I heard it.
This statement really makes me think about what I am "fighting for". I want the future of the church, and the spiritual future of my children and grandchildren to be greater and mightier than I ever experienced when I was younger, so I will continue to "fight for" a great future, because I believe in a church that is moving forward. I believe in a church that loves the truth and will not sell out for the beggarly elements of this world. And, I believe in a church who will not surrender it's young preacher's and preacher's wives to the howling wolves of materialism and worldliness! The message of truth will be preached, because God will always have a church that will "forsake all to follow Him".
So, what am I going to "fight for"? What are you going to "fight for"? I have purposed to "fight for" what I have always loved.
I've loved....hearing preacher's who love this truth, preach without worrying who might be offended.
I've loved....the message of separation from the world.
I've loved....the joyful sounds of praise and worship in the many services I have been privileged to attend.
I've loved....dancing in the presence of Almighty God.
I've loved....the anointed singing that only comes when the "singer" has a relationship with Jesus!
I've loved....the "spirit of unity" that prevails in the Church.
I've loved....souls coming to God, repenting, being baptized in Jesus Name, and being filled with the Holy Ghost.
I've loved....taking my children to Camp Meetings, Youth Camps, Fellowship Meetings, and Youth Rallies where they could be with friends, and make new friends who love the truth like they do.
I've loved....the old-time preaching, praying, singing, shouting!
I've loved...."red hot" prayer meetings where the saints shook the gates of hell demanding the release of our loved ones...and we've seen it happen.
Need I go on? I could! I will defend and fight with all my heart, for the rest of my life, what I have been taught by anointed men and women of God who love the truth. They never wavered when their friends criticized them for "preaching it too hard". They never wavered when their friends "left the truth because they just didn't believe it like that any longer". The men and women of God I speak of, were never wishy-washy in what they believed, and that's the reason there is a church that is standing strong and sure in 2010!!!
I really feel an urgency to "fight for that which is behind us"! Satan would love to destroy our "legacy of truth". He would love to destroy what we have loved since the beginning when the Church was formed!
Am I discouraged about the Church and it's future? Oh no! I feel the strength of an army of young warriors who are picking up the "swords of truth" and they are ready to "defend" it! They are fighting for what has been preached to them! I'm encouraged! I'm excited! I have no fear of what the future holds, because they will "fight for" and "defend" the foundations that have not crumbled through the ages! The walls of truth are strong and sure, and will become stronger as we continue loving and protecting that which was given to us by those who fought before us!
what's in front of them.
They fight because they love what's behind them."
Knowing some of you who read my blog, I think this quote got your attention just like it got mine when I heard it.
This statement really makes me think about what I am "fighting for". I want the future of the church, and the spiritual future of my children and grandchildren to be greater and mightier than I ever experienced when I was younger, so I will continue to "fight for" a great future, because I believe in a church that is moving forward. I believe in a church that loves the truth and will not sell out for the beggarly elements of this world. And, I believe in a church who will not surrender it's young preacher's and preacher's wives to the howling wolves of materialism and worldliness! The message of truth will be preached, because God will always have a church that will "forsake all to follow Him".
So, what am I going to "fight for"? What are you going to "fight for"? I have purposed to "fight for" what I have always loved.
I've loved....hearing preacher's who love this truth, preach without worrying who might be offended.
I've loved....the message of separation from the world.
I've loved....the joyful sounds of praise and worship in the many services I have been privileged to attend.
I've loved....dancing in the presence of Almighty God.
I've loved....the anointed singing that only comes when the "singer" has a relationship with Jesus!
I've loved....the "spirit of unity" that prevails in the Church.
I've loved....souls coming to God, repenting, being baptized in Jesus Name, and being filled with the Holy Ghost.
I've loved....taking my children to Camp Meetings, Youth Camps, Fellowship Meetings, and Youth Rallies where they could be with friends, and make new friends who love the truth like they do.
I've loved....the old-time preaching, praying, singing, shouting!
I've loved...."red hot" prayer meetings where the saints shook the gates of hell demanding the release of our loved ones...and we've seen it happen.
Need I go on? I could! I will defend and fight with all my heart, for the rest of my life, what I have been taught by anointed men and women of God who love the truth. They never wavered when their friends criticized them for "preaching it too hard". They never wavered when their friends "left the truth because they just didn't believe it like that any longer". The men and women of God I speak of, were never wishy-washy in what they believed, and that's the reason there is a church that is standing strong and sure in 2010!!!
I really feel an urgency to "fight for that which is behind us"! Satan would love to destroy our "legacy of truth". He would love to destroy what we have loved since the beginning when the Church was formed!
Am I discouraged about the Church and it's future? Oh no! I feel the strength of an army of young warriors who are picking up the "swords of truth" and they are ready to "defend" it! They are fighting for what has been preached to them! I'm encouraged! I'm excited! I have no fear of what the future holds, because they will "fight for" and "defend" the foundations that have not crumbled through the ages! The walls of truth are strong and sure, and will become stronger as we continue loving and protecting that which was given to us by those who fought before us!
10 comments:
Kent and I shared this very discussion on Saturday. We must fight against tolerance which leads to the spirt of err. Sis. Elms, when we stop fighting to protect things we become tolerant then we err. I too want to preserve the things you mentioned. Thanks for your thoughts. Love you!
Thank you for your thoughts this morning. I agree, in the battle against the devil there is no retirement.
Beautifully written!!! Anointed!! From your innermost being!! Inspiring!!! Love you for who you are & what you stand for or rather "fight" for!!!
I got so excited reading this post. Fight on, there are many fighting with you. I cannot wait to hear you speak @ our Ladies Conference!
~Mindy
Hollister, CA
Awesome annointed writing, Sis. Elms. I appreciate the stand that you & Bro. Elms take in uphoding the truth & righteousness. Betty C.
This is great encouragement! Just today Haiden came home with two different deals. First one, he had to write a short explanation of what he believed in. I was very pleased with what he wrote about Jesus Christ and His word and why he believed. Then moments later he comes to tell me of situation at school with a kid making fun of him for not being able to watch certain movies and games. Some of these things you said here are what I told him today also. Our children have to know they are fighting as well for the children they may have one day to be able to teach this truth to. Always love your post!
Yes, I too want to fight for what I love. For Jesus is worth it all!!!
I AGREE!! READY TO DO BATTLE!! (am doing battle!). Bro. Cook telling us "A Renewing of the MIND"!! Thanks for Your "Reminding" US!!
Sorry I missed you that Sunday AM. Keep us in your list of Prayers! Love you! Deb from B
Thank you, everyone for all your comments. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Blessings to you all!
Christina, you have so much to be proud of! Love you and your family!
Sis Elms,
I so enjoyed this post. After meeting you last week at the Section 8 conference, and learning of your blog, I am glad I stopped by.
I look forward to future posts from you at ECHOES from the ELMS.
God's Blessings - Sis Bacon
Post a Comment