Monday, August 24, 2009

David and Linda Visit...and A Lesson Remembered

We've had a wonderful week with David and Linda Elms. (Yes, there's another Linda Elms) They are absolutely some of the most wonderful people to be around. If you know David and Linda I know you agree with me. The only thing about them "coming" was that they had to "leave" and that made me sad! While they were here we took them to one of the restaurants we frequent pretty often and they loved it! We call it Dean's, but I think it has another name. I didn't know "for sure" if they would like it as much as we do, but found out real quick they did. In fact, Linda asked to go back again! She LOVED the home cooked vegetables, homemade desserts, and fried catfish.
We loved having them here! There is NOTHING like being with family when you can relax together, talk and laugh together, and sit in silence together. Just being together is so special!!!

Bro. Russo wanted to take David on a Texas horse ride while he was here, so he took David and Wendell out for a little while.

They loaded up and went ridin' in the wagon. David was having a good 'ole Texas time!
Last, but sure not least...My honey ridin'! I sure do love this man!!! Also, while they were here we sold our motorhome, so now we are living in the "Guest Apartment" on the camp ground. For those of you TEXAN'S who did not realize we have a "Guest Apartment" on the camp ground, you would probably recognize it more if I said "Nurse's Station". :) When there are no youth camps going on the Nurse's Station is converted into an apartment for visiting missionaries and minister's.

I am thankful I have a place to live! People ask, from time to time, if we've bought a house in Lufkin. We haven't bought a house, because ours has not sold in Wichita Falls. We are waiting, waiting, waiting!

I can hear Mother's voice from many years ago when I was a teenager. One night we were waiting for Daddy to finish talking to someone after church, and I was getting really impatient. Mother finally looked at me and said, "Linda, if you're going to marry a preacher you're going to have to learn to be patient!"

After several things happened this week, of which I will not go into at this time, I remembered that very night when I was told I "needed to learn to be patient while waiting on Daddy".
That was MANY years ago, but somehow when I was young I didn't connect that statement to my heavenly Father!

Yes, I have been waiting, and haven't been impatient with Him, but after events that have taken place this week, I have found myself getting impatient, and I heard Mother's voice, one more time, "Linda, if you're going to marry a preacher....you're going to HAVE TO LEARN TO BE PATIENT!"

"Yes, Mother...I am still learning what it means to WAIT! Hopefully, I will pass the "patience test" this time!"

2 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Well, I guess selling the motorhome is one step closer to getting in your own home. Conroe is believing for a miracle for you!!!

Regardless, I'm thankful you had a fun time with your family. Nothing like family fun.

Michelle said...

This was a wonderful post...patience is such a hard thing for most of us I think. Still believing God for that house to sell! I just know He has the perfect home in Lufkin all planned out for yall.