Friday, March 06, 2009

A Few Birthday Pictures

On Wendell's birthday we left Copperas Cove and drove to Andrew and Mandy's for dinner and to spend a little time with them. Since moving to Lufkin we haven't had much time to be with the family, so if we are close enough to either one of the boys we do what we can to see them. Andrew and Mandy took us out to eat, and we had a little birthday celebration.Mandy bought "birthday glasses for Wendell and the girls. As you can see, Ashlyn is "clowning".
Alayna wanted to take a picture with Papa. These are precious pictures and sweet memories.
We really missed Jonathan, Brenda, Savanna and Scarlet, but hoping to get to see them next weekend.

One thing I didn't mention in my last post about Copperas Cove was on Sunday night as we were getting ready to sing, I testified. Then I "took the liberty" to "celebrate" my husband's birthday. Of course, the church didn't know until I told them that something very special was happening on Monday. I asked them all to stand, asked the drummer for a "drum roll". As the drums were "rolling", I said to the church..."Tomorrow is Bro. Elms 60th birthday, and since he doesn't have his own church to celebrate with him, will ya'll be "his church" tonight and join me in singing Happy Birthday?" They were WONDERFUL in making "the moment" a festive one for him!!!! THANK YOU, Pastor Hendrick and the Copperas Cove Church for being so kind in wishing my wonderful husband a VERY HAPPY BIRTHAY!

3 comments:

kathy said...

Loved the pics of course and... the birthday glasses! Leave it to Amanda to do something like that. She's great! (yes, I am a little biased)
Happy Belated Birthday, Bro Elms and Best Wishes for many more.

Michelle said...

Love the glasses! Just like Mandy:)

Keith and Carla said...

Loved the birthday glasses!!! Too cute!