Thursday, March 05, 2009

Copperas Cove Weekend

Last weekend we were privileged to be in Copperas Cove with Pastor and Sis. Donny Hendrick. They treated us so very kind and we felt a real bond of friendship with them. They have an incredible church and we felt totally at home! The worship, unity, singing, and their open arms made us think of Life Tabernacle, Wichita Falls. Of course, we are very fond of Life Tabernacle since we spent 24 years of our life there as Pastor. When the Pentecostals of Copperas Cove started singing and worshipping I felt I was close to heaven. Their response to the the messages my husband preached was wonderful, and we had great altar services! One thing that REALLY made me "feel at home" was when their choir got up to sing. They sang just one song and it was "Total Praise"! That song has been one of my favorites that the Life Tabernacle Sanctuary Choir did. I almost couldn't believe my ears when they started off! God knows exactly what we need and when we need it! I had a friend write me this week and tell me she was praying for me so that I would "feel at home wherever we may go to minister". God answered her prayer this past weekend. We were so happy when Bro. Hendrick came to my husband and asked us to come back for THIS weekend!!! So, this Sunday morning and Sunday night we will once again be in Copperas Cove with the saints of God there. We are looking for great things to happen!!!

Bro. and Sis. Knight are the former pastors of this wonderful church. They are still there enjoying the "fruit of their labor" and we enjoyed visiting with them. They have a lot to be proud of and they are thankful the work continues to flourish. Another thing that made me feel at home was when Bro. Knight introduced the choir. He said, "Now, I want you to worship with the best choir in town...The Copperas Cove Sanctuary Choir"! It sounded so much like my husband when he would introduce our awesome choir. I know I probably sound a "little homesick", but you just have to understand "where I'm coming from". I have my "times" of really missing "home". If you've ever "been there", then you understand.

Bro. and Sis. David Carrington from Dumas, TX are retired and are now living in Copperas Cove. Sis. Hendrick is their daugher, so they moved there to be "close to the kids". They invited us to their home for "food and fellowship" after church Sunday night. It sure brought back "old memories"! We have eaten many meals in the Carrington's home. We had a lot of "catching up" to do, since we had preached some of our first revivals for them MANY years ago. I was "expecting" our first child, Jonathan, and Sis. Carrington was "expecting" Nathan! We took a picture "back to back" and it was quite "a sight to behold"! LOL! We have a lot of "funny memories" with the Carrington's, and Bro. Carrington remembers almost every detail. You can imagine the "walk down memory lane" that we enjoyed with them. By the way...that was memories from 1973! WOW! It's not MY age that bothers me, it's everybody else's! By the way, Sis. Hendrick was only 11 years old when I first met her!!!! If I look a little more "gray" and a little more "old" when you see me, now you know why! LOL!

Friday night we will be in Corsicana for a "section-wide rally". (Section 8) My husband is preaching it. Saturday morning I will be speaking at the "Section 8 Ladies Day" there in Corsicana. If you happen to be "near" please stop by and see us. The more the merrier!!!

8 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Sis. Elms, I have been homesick, too!!! In fact, we are taking the weekend off and will be "home" Sunday evening. We are really looking forward to being ministered to!

Anonymous said...

Please tell the Carrington's "Hello" from the HIller family, Vincent, Robbi & Clay - we LOVE that family so much.

Anonymous said...

Sis. Elms, I don't even hardly know you but you have written such awesome blogs that I enjoy reading and I feel like I really do know you. I have prayed for your house to sell and that you can soon be all settled in again with your "things". We are praying for you guys!!! We are friends of the Knight's and have enjoyed visitng there with them and that is an awesome church.
Will see you at ladies conference. love,
Shirley Patrick (Tracie's mom)

Tracie Smith said...

I hope you enjoy another grand weekend! Love you, lady!

Linda Elms said...

Carla, enjoy being at home! There's nothing quite like it! Love you!

Robbi, I will tell the Carrington's hello from ya'll. I've already told Teresa (Sis. Hendrick) and she was happy to hear from you. Love you!

Sis. Patrick, thank you for your kind words about my blog, and also thank you for taking your time to read it. Also, I appreciate the prayers about our house selling. As soon as it does, and all is final, I will definitely be letting everyone know that God has answered your prayers. The Knights are awesome people!!! We enjoy being with them. I'm looking forward to TWC and seeing you and a whole lot of ladies! I know it's going to be great!!

Thank you, Tracie!! I'm planning on having a good time. Love you! See you in a few weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog Sis. We really enjoyed you and Bro. Elms the last few weeks; the message Bro. Elms preached was just simply out of this world we hope you can come visit real soon.
P.s.
You guys are more than welcome to attend the wedding if your in Central Texas April 4th

Linda Elms said...

Bo, it was so nice getting to talk to you and your sweet fiance tonight after church! Ya'll are going to have a beautiful life together. We really enjoyed being in church with the Church of Copperas Cove! I hope you return to my blog. I'm looking forward to you starting your own. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

This post certainly brought back memories for me too. I love the Carrington family so much. Loved the pictures!! Sounds like you had a great weekend.