Just a "few" years ago when Daddy and Mother were young evangelists they went to Alaska to preach. Keith was just a "baby" and Mother was about 18 years old! Daddy would have been about 20 (I think). I ran across these "slides" a few months ago, so I wanted to post the pictures. I know you'll like them.
Mother with Keith in the "baby buggy". Mother was always so pretty.

Daddy loved to fish! I imagine these were delicious when they got them prepared.

Keith, my brother is on the left! He was so cute! I don't know "who" the other baby is. If anyone "out there" knows this baby, please let me know. :) Someone just MIGHT recognized "themselves". LOL

And this is my FAVORITE! Keith always had this "winning smile"!

Have a GREAT Sunday!
15 comments:
Your mother looks so pretty and sweet.
Great Pictures! I know your dad liked to fish I enjoyed going with him and my dad on several occasions. I have a couple of funny stories as well! LOL!
I, too, agree that your mother was always so pretty, but she also had the SWEETEST spirit about her. She will always be someone I look up to!!
Sis. Elms do you know what year this was? My Grandparents were the missionaries in Alaska. They started the UPC work there. If I new a date or where they preached I might could find out more from one of my uncles. It could even be my dad, aunt, or uncle? Wouldn't that be amazing?
Ahhhh....I love these pictures. How precious. :) Mother told us who the other baby was when we looked at these pictures one time but I can't remember. :(
I love these old pictures. Oh, the memories that came rusing in...
Julie K, I THINK this was in 1952. I know Daddy preached for Bro. and Sis. French when he was in Alaska, but I'm not sure who else. I have a picture of a lady with Mother with these same pictures. Maybe I should post it to see if anyone recognizes her. That would be funny if these people happen to be part of your family! :)
I love pictures! Speaking of this weekend our announcements slides had an awesome pic of you and Bro. Elms. You should post it on your blog!!! Hope to see you this week @ the Minister's Wives Retreat.
Loved the pictures!! Your mom was such a beautiful lady and so much fun to be with! I'll never forget the special times we had together when I would come visit you in Fresno. So many laughs.... What would we do without memories?
The Baby can't be a Shaw, daddy was the youngest and he was 6yrs old in 1952. The Shaw''s were there with Bro. and Sis French. I am sure they all ministered together. I would love to see the picture of the other lady. It could be my grandmother or Daddy may know who it is. Wow how small the world is how lives cross in many ways.
So great to see these pictures. Loved your mom and dad so much (and Keith too). Thanks for sharing them.
Beautiful people and beautiful pictures. Especially interesting to me since we just came from Alaska. Your mom and dad were so gracious and caring. Thanks for sharing.
Great pictures of some wonderful people!
Hi
Wow I love old pictures and your parents too wow. I wonder do you have one brother? I knew that you have only two sister. Your sister one in California and one in Texas that right? Your family so beatiful! :)
Susanne
Susanne, you are correct about my two sisters. Our brother passed away in 2000. He was the oldest, then me, Ronda, Karla. I wish you could have met him. I would love for you to meet my sisters. You'd love them, too! Mother and Daddy loved you so much and talked about you quite often. Thank you for writing. It's always good hearing from you! Love you!
Post a Comment