The retreat was absolutely wonderful! We missed all the ones who could not be there. I know some had to stay home because of the hurricane and I missed you! My two "daughters" could not come. Brenda stayed with Jonathan and the girls so they could evacuate together. Mandy got sick in the middle of the week, plus there were some other very important things she needed to be home for. I totally understand why they could not come, I missed them very much!!! From the very beginning to the very last minute of the retreat, it was GREAT! I left feeling very refreshed in my spirit. Debbie Saiz blessed me when she spoke. It was my first time to hear her, and I was not disappointed! I was so excited when I saw Sis. Foster, Debbie's mother. Sis. Foster has been one of the ladies in my life that I admire very much! She is a beautiful lady, in every way. Belinda McManus, Glenda Stanley, and Caronda Adams also spoke and each one of them did a fantastic job! I loved how God orchestrated what He wanted said.
Hurricane Ike arrived and as you all know our state has been hit hard. My heart goes out to all the people who are misplaced AGAIN! As I said, we are in Dallas at a hotel waiting for the electricity to be turned back on at home. I guess we can officially be called, "Evacuees"! :( David, Sandra and Jason Myer are here, also. We have been able to visit with them a couple times. They are such wonderful friends and we love them. They are fun to be around and we always have something to talk about. Jonathan, Brenda and girls are also in Dallas, but are not staying where we are. We haven't seen them, yet, but hopefully we will get to before long. I'm very thankful they are safe! They are very much "misplaced" just like everyone else, but thankful to have a place to stay with Ginger. I think all the "little cousins" have been enjoying being together. You might as well make the best of a bad situation!
I will try and post again soon. Please keep praying for those who have been affected by the hurricane. There's a lot of devastation and they need our prayers.
I don't know if I've covered everything, but I'm really sleepy and want to go to sleep! :) I hope you all have a great weekend. We are praying for all of our friends who survived the storm. It's all going to be alright and we're going to make it through it all! God is taking care of all of us and He will make sure He takes care of His "family". I'm glad to be a part of it!
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing the retreat with me! It looks like you had a great attendance despite the storm. I know most affected are not from the south but rather the South TX District. We are still trying to climb out of Ike!!!
Tracie, I missed you so much! I'm so sorry you didn't get to come, but understand 100%! I hope you are all doing okay. I feel so bad for everyone who is affected by this. We're praying for you all. Love you!
Looks like yall had a great time.
I miss my friends. Every and now and then I make it to your Minister's wives retreat and have a great time. It made me lonely watching the pictures of all my friends. Love you
Jerry Ann, we all miss you, too! I wish you could have been here this year. Love you!
Post a Comment