When I went to bed last night my mind started wandering. This happens a lot when I'm trying to go to sleep! I focused on what was running through my brain, and was surprised to see what it was! LOL! I know that sounds a little crazy, but so be it. That's what seemed to happen, and this is what it was.I LOVE to ride the "Teeter-Totter"! Some may call it a "Seesaw", but whatever each person calls it, really doesn't matter for my "point". When I was a little girl, this piece of equipment in the playground is the first place I would run to whenever I had the chance. I know I'm way to OLD and GROWN-UP to go to the park and ride the "Teeter-Totter", but there are still times I feel that same sensation I felt as a child. "Up-down, high-low, up-down, high-low, up-down, high-low"!!! Remember? I loved the thrill of being high in the air, and dropping to the ground...back up in the air, drop to the ground! Oh how my mind races to the times this happened over and over and over again! Occasionally, there would be a bigger kid come along and ask if I wanted to "seesaw", and I would be so excited thinking I was going to get to "ride again". I was in for a rude awakening! They would get on one end, me on the other, and at first it was a wonderful ride, then all of sudden I would be slammed to the ground, because they decided to get off without warning me! There was always someone around who liked to "scare" me, too. They would come along and hold their side DOWN so that I couldn't get off of the "teeter-totter". No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make it go down....the BIG BULLY! LOL!
All those times I rode the "teeter-totter" I never one time thought about the piece in the middle that BALANCED the "teeter-totter". You know, there had to be a mighty STRONG piece of metal that stayed in one spot to hold up the middle, so that we could all have fun riding "up and down, up and down, up and down". This one piece of structure never wavered one way or the other! Of course, I have no idea how "teeter-totters" are built, but in my imagination I would think this "plank of steel" down in the earth is surrounded by a lot of cement. I don't know, but something down deep in the ground is holding it and making it stable!!!
There are a lot of people in my life. I have been blessed to have them as a stabilizing force. I have been in "the Church" all of my life, and in this "great organization" we are a part of. I can say I've been "blessed beyond measure" to have those around me who "stabilized" my life.
In this "world of mine" there has always been people who have "seen things different" than the way I see them. I don't like, and never have liked the terms "liberal" and "conservative". I am not blind to the fact, nor is my head in the sand when it comes to those who do not "line up" to what I believe. Now, I am not "tootin' my own horn", nor am I condemning those who do differently than me. My whole point is, that I want to be someone who is BALANCED in my walk with God, and my lifestyle. I believe in holiness! I don't think anyone can be "too holy"! Holiness is an attribute of God, and if I can be close to "HIM", and pleasing to "HIM" I know my "outer person" will be PLEASING to Him, also!
I love the "lifestyle" that I live! I love "separation" from the world! I can honestly say there is nothing "out there" that I want or want to do! I'm HAPPY where I'm at! I'm thankful for those who have taught me, and who continue to preach and teach "separation" and who teach and preach it from a loving, humble, heart!
There are those who live stricter than I do, and there are those who live "less strict" than I do. There are those who CAN'T DO ANYTHING, and there are those who DO MOST ANYTHING! My concern is neither place. What they do, or don't do is not my business. I would love it if EVERYONE was on the SAME PAGE, but I guess we would call this life "heaven" if that were to be the case. What I want to be, and what I want others to be, is pleasing to God!
I have sat with those who I thought were more strict in their lifestyle, and looked into their eyes as we talked, and I have found out that if they are doing their best to please GOD and not MEN, they have a beautiful spirit about them. I can feel their love towards me and others who may not see their point of view. They may be on one end of the "teeter-totter", but they won't SLAM the person on the other end to the ground, or leave them high in the air! They are merciful, long-suffering, and care for those who are on the opposite side from them.
I don't know if I'm making sense. I could keep rambling and get deeper and deeper in this maze I'm in, but I KNOW WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY! I hope you do, too! :)
9 comments:
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
Gal 5:22-24
Great lesson Sis. Elms
I understand what your saying Sister Chick (of course I use that with MUCH respect!) LOL! Love you!
Bro. Hallford, THANK YOU! You have always given me encouragement to keep teaching. Also, thank you for the scripture to go along with my post.
Veta, it was so nice visiting with you this week...even if we nearly smothered out in the heat! You would think that people as SMART as we are (LOL) would know when to get out of the HEAT! :) Love you very much! Your "Sister Chick"! LOL!
Great post Linda! You always have thought provoking blogs, and not just information like some of us...LOL.
I finally came to the church so I could get on the internet and get my blog/email fix. Love you!!
Linda, I was thinking along the same topic this week except I was thinking that those that suddenly "change" their ways have betrayed our trust and friendship.
I guess it would be like the ones that just left your teeter-totter and you fell to the ground. But now we just keep living for God and He will see us through!
Great post and a confirmation!
What a great post! Very thoughtful.
...btw... I love you!
Good morning, Linda--
Yes, I certainly know of what you speak, and it is beautifully written. A beautiful lesson.
Love you so much
Where or what would we be without that strong piece of metal in the middle that keeps the see-saw in balance and allows children to play.
Thank God for that place of balance!
Mervi
Post a Comment