I have heard people say, "We don't need that kind of preaching at meetings where we all come together. What is preached might not be what someone else believes." (so on and so forth) Well, I tend to disagree! Maybe that comes as a shock to some (that I would voice my opinion - :) but let me say "right up front" that the PREACHING OF THE WORD and the PREACHING OF SEPARATION FROM THE WORLD DOES NOT OFFEND ME!
It's a sad day when you go to church and a man of God preaches from his heart, and someone walks away having missed the whole point, because they didn't agree with him! First, let me ask. Who do we think we are to sit and judge a man when he preaches what God has placed in his heart? Who do we think we are to sit in a service and secretly scoff in our hearts, and think "someday he will get his eyes open" or "he's so far back in the dark ages" or "don't you know people won't listen to THAT"? or "no wonder he's got a small church!" Oh, I've heard it all! I have to say that some of the largest churches I have been around was built on a strong foundation of holiness and separation!! They are some of the REVIVAL churches of our day!
I just have a question......If WE don't preach it, how will our kids and grandkids get a love for Truth and how will they ever be able to live it? Yes, I do believe in being kind, and we should not TRY to be offensive to the lost, but TRUTH MUST BE PREACHED for someone to have a true relationship with God, and when your heart is cleansed from the world, you don't want to be a part of it any longer! I've seen it happen over and over again when someone came to God. They were happy to have the "chains of sin" broken in their life and they didn't want to be associated with it any longer. The Truth of salvation and separation from the world goes hand in hand. Don't give me just "part Truth", give me all of it!
PREACHERS, PLEASE PREACH IT! From a mother and grandmother who wants her children saved, I beg you to not water down the gospel that we've loved for so long! I don't want you to let up! I don't want to see my granddaughters acting like the world in their attitude, spirit, and looks! I've got a lot of treasures I don't want stolen from me! I beg you to KEEP PREACHING IT! Don't worry about offending me! I must be saved, my children and grandchildren must be saved! I can't stand the thought of my family missing heaven, because we let down on the necessary things that brought us this far!
9 comments:
Okay. I need your permission to send this article to Bro. Phil Hudson for the Sentinel!! Even if I don't get your permission I may send it anyway!!
Amen!!!
Amen!
It is the WORD that is preached that saves the soul.
Randy H
"Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them." Psalms 119:165
So Preach On, by all means preach on. If I do get offended then things are not well with my soul and I need to find an place to pray through. So give it to me straight. I MUST be saved.
Amen, Sis. Elms! I too grew up in this beautiful church and I love its message of truth! God forbid that we fail to pass this on to our children.
Amen! Amen! Maybe we ought to schedule you for our next revival! Why not get you and both of your sisters?! LOL!! I am going to send this on to a few God bless you!
Have you been on our back porch listening today? Kent wrote an article this morning for some magazine that covers your points. Actually, it is more of his ". . ." style of writing than an article. He admonishes preachers to 'preach the Word' which includes separation from the World. I promise when Bro. Elms comes to Conroe no one will leave offended for him preaching the Word. I see one of our dear ladies has already commented on your post. I hunger for more of Him in our meetings.
Amen and Amen! I love the preaching of the word like you have put it here. I love that clear, certain sound. "Preach, Preacher, Preach".
I agree whole heartedly!!! I read your blog earlier today and then tonight my husband wrote a blog along the same lines and he hadn't even read yours. After he got through writing his blog entry, I had him read your entry and we both agreed. Like Sis. Tracie Smith said, we hunger for more of Him in these last days. I believe there is an urgency like never before to hold fast to the doctrine and holiness standards. "Preach, Preacher, Preach!!"
Post a Comment