Monday, August 18, 2008

It's RAINING!

It has been raining off and on all day long.  When we left Dallas it was raining, then it let up for awhile and we put the top down on my convertible, and enjoyed the "breeze" blowing all around us.  When we pulled into "home" it started raining again, and I don't think it has really stopped since.  I am sitting in our motorhome listening to the rain on the roof.  There's nothing like it!  It makes me want to curl up with a cozy blanket and go to sleep.  Really, I guess that's what I should do since it's almost midnight.  But, I just got an "I-M" from my sister who is having herself a "time" in California, so I think I will talk to her for a little bit, then I'll see if I'm going to bed!  

Well.....I think I am going to bed!  The rain is getting louder and louder, and it's good "sleeping weather"!   Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z......I'm already asleep at the computer, or is that my husband I hear?  LOL!  Goodnight to all!    

15 comments:

Kevin Hopper said...

LOL!! You are so funny! Your husband will want to start proofing your blog before you post and edit out some of your comments about him! LOL! You did inspire me with your two posts on hurting and my dad talked to me about it quite awhile yesterday!

Jana Allard said...

I love a rainy day and night. I am trying to catch up on blogs and just read your open letter to anonymous. I left a comment on that post, too.

Karla said...

LOL. Hope I didn't make you lose too much sleep!

I love to sleep when it's raining. I especially LOVE a rainy morning when I can stay home.

Michelle said...

Ooh, a rainy morning at home is wonderful! I love to sit on the back porch with a cup of coffee and just enjoy it! I was actually on the back porch last night enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

Back here in WF there is some flooding. Some roads have been closed. I still am enjoying the rain. We are on a hill.

iluv2prshim said...

I love to hear the rain in an R.V. Send some of it out here. :)

Tracie Smith said...

It's raining in Conroe, too! If I were @ home I would be loving it. Maybe it will rain here tonight, too. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Madison S. said...

Love the rain! we had wonderful weather in florida and came home to WF to rain and 70 degree weather. We have slept in every day and our enjoying our last week at home. School starts Monday and the kids are getting anxious.

Anonymous said...

Water, Water every where, and all the boards did shrink; Water, Water everywhere, nor any drop to drink...

You are about to hit the 100,000 mark! If you had a potential readership of even 10,000 any publisher would be chewing the bit to get your book! (Just a thought).

Randy H.

janet anglin said...

I, too, love rainy days, especially when I can stay home and read!! I'm already back to work, soooo I had to go in the rain, and that's NOT fun.

Danelle Layne said...

Aunt Linda!! We missed you and Uncle Wendell in San Francisco!! We had so much fun with Gene, Karla and the boys and OMY I can't believe how big they are!! There was this ONE moment where all 3 of us got tickled and I started wishing you were their!!! Because had you been we probaly would have all lost it!! Also about your post, I remember when it was raining was my favorite time to sleep in the motorhome! Come see us! We miss you! And Matthew just loves you to pieces!
Love you,
Nelle

Linda Elms said...

Danelle, you made me so lonesome to see ya'll! I was already wanting to be there with everyone, and now this! :( I know you all had a BLAST!! Just think if we could have been there you would have had "that much more fun"!!!! LOL! Of course, I'm teasing, but it really would have been FUN!!! Tell Matt that I really love him, too! Thank you for writing. It makes me feel a part of the "family fun" even if I am so far away! LOVE YOU!

Linda Elms said...

I knew my friends would enjoy the things I do! :)

Kevin, I just had to take the time to have a laugh! LOL! My husband really doesn't mind the comments. :) I'm glad you were inspired by the other two posts.

Jana, thank you for responding to my other post, also. I appreciate your input!

Karla, you didn't keep me up. In fact, I really enjoyed my sleep after talking to you! :)

Michelle, the "back porch" would be a wonderful place to enjoy the rain. Someday, I will have a "back porch". LOL! Until then....the RV will be okay.

Anonymous....on a hill.....:) I've been following the flooding in WF. I hope it doesn't get any worse, and you can continue enjoying the rain.

Ronda, you would think we belonged to "Lila" wouldn't you? :) Mother always enjoyed the rain hitting the roof of their RV! You need to come back here and enjoy a TEXAS RAIN!

Tracie, being at home is the best place to be when it's raining! Maybe you'll get some more so you can enjoy it!

Julie, I'm glad ya'll made it home safe! Enjoy this week. WORK starts SOON!

Randy H., I hadn't noticed HOW CLOSE I was to 100,000 hits! How EXCITING! Of course, I know it's "my friends" who probably just keep pushing the refresh button! LOL! Really, this gives me encouragement to write. Thanks!

Janet, too bad you had to be at work, but you can enjoy it while working! Sometimes you we have to "make the best of a bad situation"! :)

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

I am sitting in Alaska in the Tundra nodding at my computer. It is 11:30 here..(2:30 am in Lufkin) Your zzzzz's made me sleepier. LOL Love you.....

Keith and Carla said...

We are enjoying the rain also. It's just a little harder to get out of bed in the morning!