Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Rain, rain, go away
"Rain, rain, go away....come again another day"! I never dreamed at the end of June, in North TEXAS, that I would EVER say this little rhyme! It's just a rhyme we said as kids when we had a "rainy day". We have had so much rain that it is now flooding!! How unreal is that? If you've ever been in Texas in the summer you know that we are usually about to melt from the heat. Wow! It is 70 degrees today and has been raining non-stop this morning. I do love the rain and cool weather. I am not complaining at all!! I can still feel the heat from the last 23 summers when you didn't even want to go outside, because you felt like you would smother from the stifling heat!! We acutally have beautiful green grass, and the flowers are still pretty and I didn't even plant any this year, because usually by the time we get finished with all the travelling in the summer we come home to wilted, dead flowers because of the HEAT! Maybe I didn't plant the right flowers. Oh well! All of you Texans, I know the constant splattering of the rain gets a little tiring for some, but let's ENJOY the COOLNESS that we have this year! Remember, JULY, AUGUST, and SEPTEMBER are still ahead of us. Who knows...maybe it will SNOW! LOL! Wouldn't that be something? LOL! I can just see eveyone's faces if we had a snowstorm! We would know for sure that Jesus would tell Gabriel to go blow the trumpet and call us all home if that were to happen! The Lord knows it would put us into such shock that He would have to come rescue us from this crazy, mixed up world. What a BEAUTIFUL DAY for the Lord to come again! Just a little thought for a COOL, rainy day in North Texas. Have a GREAT DAY!
Labels:
Encouragment,
North Texas,
Weather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Thanks! We all needed that moment of laughter and smiles from all of this, can I say it, RAIN!
I just think it is SO funny that God is proving all the theories wrong about global warming!! We've also had ALOT of rain - torrential downpours is more like it. I'm certainly enjoying the cooler summer weather.
That's where all our rain went! It's dry enough here that I haven't even had to figure out how to use the lawn mower yet! Yes, that's right, I never had to mow a yard and haven't seen the need to start learning yet...soon though, I'll have to!
I'm loving the weather, and also enjoying the low water bills! I think we've only had the sprinklers run once or twice this year and that was ages ago!
I would just like to say that days like today make me want to question my career choice!! But I thank God for the rain, and that for the most part, everyone in the city remained safe (even the crazy ones who decided to try to drive through a foot of running water!!!)
Well the rain has been good for our yard as well. We are bad about keeping it watered when it needs it. The bad thing though is between us being gone and the lawn mower going hay wire and all the rain, our grass looked horrible due to its height until just a few days ago. It is now looking normal thanks to some help. Anyway, thank you Lord for the rain and coolness that seems to come with it.
This is too funny! There has been such a drought in East Texas these last 3 years, that we lost over half of our yard (even with trying to water it - it is coming back now with all the rain). We were considering getting a sprinkler system put in this year. As of right now, I think we will wait on that idea!!! LOL.
I like the cooler weather and some rain, but enough is enough. I don't like the humidity after the rain. Man's weather forecast is different than God's weather forecast. If we had control of the weather what a mess it would certainly be.
Post a Comment