Okay everyone.....you need to go read the post on Joseph James blog. We've had several children receive the Holy Ghost recently and what Joseph has to say about it is very, very, good! For those of you who do not know Joseph, let me explain just a little. Joseph and his brother Jason, have been raised in our church all of their lives and their parents have been "pillars in Life Tabernacle". I cannot tell you what they have meant to our church! Bro. Joe (the dad) was one of the greatest encouragers I have ever had in my life. A little over a year ago he died suddenly of a massive heart attack. Losing Bro. Joe left us all reeling from the shock. Sis. Barbara, (the mom) was fighting cancer when Bro. Joe was taken, so she was left to finish raising 2 younger boys whom her and Bro. Joe had adopted. What an incredible Dad and Mom, Bro. Joe and Sis. Barbara have been! Well, to not go into a lot of detail at this time....Sis. Barbara is now in Hospice and unless the Lord heals her we will not have her with us much longer. I ask for prayers to be sent to heaven on the behalf of this wonderful lady and her sons. Now, to get to what I was saying earlier.....Joseph is over our children's ministry in our church and when I was talking to him yesterday about the children getting the Holy Ghost he said some great things about how we are as adults and how we sometimes question whether or not a child gets the "real thing". I did not know he was going to post about this until I went to his blog tonight. I was moved beyond words for him to take the time to congratulate the children who have recently received the Holy Ghost, then to take the time to talk to us adults! I know he would not want me to bring attention to him, but that's why I have my own blog! (lol) Joseph, you never cease to amaze me in your commitment to God, your church, your family, and your ministry to children. Thank you! I know you have your hands full in watching over your mother, and younger brothers, David and Brandon, but God is giving you strength that is not understood by those "who have no hope". Thank you for helping me laugh yesterday when I was overcome with grief. You helped me through a tough time along with Julie (Jason's wonderful girl, soon to be wife). What a sweetheart she is! Jason...you are also in our prayers. You have been carrying a heavy load and I cannot even start to understand how you are feeling. Just know we are all holding you in our hearts! I will stop now....but I just want to say, "It will be worth it all when we see Jesus!"
NOTE: After posting this before going to bed, Sis. Barbara went to be with the Lord around 4:00 A.M. Heaven has gained another beautiful rose from this earth. Again, please be in prayer for the family. Thank you!
6 comments:
Sis Elms , your words are beautiful . Love you , Jody
We will praying for the family and for you and Bro. Elms and the church family. I went to Joseph's blog and it was great.
Joseph did an incrediable job on his blog! I was saddened to hear the passing of Barbara. The Ouellette family and Life Tab will be in our prayers. Love y'all!
I was reading your post while Lejune was over today. I couldn't finish reading the note before we were both in tears. My heart breaks for my friends who have endured so much already. I know Sis Barbara will be greatly missed. She was truly a traesure!
I enjoy visiting your blog site, Sis Elms; glad I did today.
I went to Joseph's site and enjoyed the post you suggested. I then continued to read his next post and my heart was touched. He seems an incredible young man. I was blessed by both posts, but also saddened for he and his family.
I am sorry for the loss of a precious sister of your church family and will be praying for all.
Love you ... Kathy
Thank you all for your sweet words and all of your prayers! They are definitely felt here. It's wonderful having such a large family of God that we can depend on. I love you all!
Post a Comment