Friday, May 04, 2007

His Presence

"When I come into His presence I humble myself, I lift up both my hands and I begin to worship Him. I worship Him. When I come into His presence I humble myself remembering what He's done, the victories He's won so I praise Him. I praise Him! For all He's done for me...redeemed and set me free. And because, just because He's God."

After a stressful day, today....I walked into my house and was ready to be out of the rat-race of life when all of a sudden the words to this song came to my heart and I felt His presence! I do not have to wonder what it was like when the "glory cloud" filled the sanctuary and the priests of the Old Testament walked into God's presence, because I have experienced the presence of God many times throughout my life. When I was down, depressed, worried, tired, stressed, sick, anxious...whatever the situation...God brought to mind the things He has done and I could once again worship Him. There are deserts in life that we go through. Sometimes they last a day, a week, a month, a year, or even several years. During these times God will come to us in the most unexpected way. I opened my mail box today and had a card from a lady I do not know and it read, "Sis. Elms, you do not know me but, I wanted to let you know I am praying for you today. You are precious in HIS eyes. May God bless you special this day!....signed....Sister in Christ." I was so thankful for this note. A lady from another city felt to send me a card and I opened it on a day that I really needed it! Don't get worried....I'm okay. Just needed a little reassurance that everything would be alright .......and it is.

8 comments:

Debbie Pryor said...

Sis. Elms, I love those unexpected moments when God ministers to us.

Lynda said...

What a wonderful place to feel God's presence, in your home. Just think he will come to where you live and visit you there. I want him to always be a visitor in my home.

Tammy Bryant said...

You are so awesome. You have such a way of reminding us just what is important and how wondeful, big and special GOD and His Presence is. THANKS!!

Anonymous said...

I love it when words from a song cross my mind and mean something so much more then just singing them...."I lift up my eyes to the hills where does my strength come from" oh soooooo true....

Linda Elms said...

Thank you all for responding to this post. It's good knowing people who have experienced what I am talking about.

Sis. Pryor, thank you for stopping by. God's blessings to you and your family.

Jana Allard said...

I had one of these uplifting moments riding by myself in my car to the Highly Favored conference. I strongly felt God's presence in the car with me.

Linda Elms said...

Jana, I love it when God makes Himself known at the most unexpected times!

Patti said...

God is always there when we need Him most. He is faithful.