Monday, May 07, 2007

Andrew Keith Elms.....Our Son!


Tonight Andrew preached and did an INCREDIBLE job! His title was, "And Jesus Stood Still". For those of you who do not know our youngest son, all I can say is YOU REALLY OUGHT TO MEET HIM! What a great man he is! Yes, he is great in stature, 6' 5"....200 and "none of your business" pounds. (like Daddy use to say), but more than his size, he is a wonderful person. He is big in stature, but his heart is just as big. God has been using him in ministry to the young people of our church, and he and Mandy are making a difference in their lives. He also taught our "Keenagers Class" (one of our adult classes) for a month and I was told that he did a fantastic job! I've heard this same report from different people. Andrew, God is using you and your preaching has definitely grown into a powerful ministry. We are blessed to have you and Mandy here with us and want you to know we have all the confidence in the world in your walk with God. I love you......Mom

23 comments:

Tammy Bryant said...

Great post, great message, great man and wife team.
God has blessed us once again and I am thankful.
God can stand still anytime HE wants to.

Anonymous said...

Sis. Elms, wonderful post.....Mother and I were talking yesterday afternoon between services...We were speaking of both Bro. Andrew and Sis. Mandy how that you can just see the REALNESS in their walk with God and care for souls. Two Very Special People used of God!!!! I know I don’t say it like I should but You and Bro. Elms are both loved and appreciated very much as well!!!!

Anonymous said...

It was an awesome message... Thank you Bro. Andrew!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't got to hear that message (it's not up on the church's site yet),but I have heard only good things from Andrew's preaching. I am very proud of you Andrew! You have been blessed with not only a Godly heiritage, but an annointing from God.

Keith and Carla said...

Would have loved to have heard this message! Andrew is a wonderful person. He and Mandy have such sweet spirits. A good reflection of their parents, and an even better reflection of the Spirit that dwells within!

Jessica said...

Yes he did do a great job and i got my blessing, im so thankful to have Bro Andrew and Sis Mandy as my youth pastor and wife...i love you

Kim said...

I agree with you Sis.Elms. I really enjoy hearing Bro.Andrew preach and they are wonderful youth leaders. Me and Lynn both truly love them and appreciate them.

Michelle said...

Bro Andrew and Sis Mandy are wonderful! I enjoyed the message, even in though I was in the nursery. I loved watching the praying at the altar afterwards.

Karla said...

Andrew & Mandy are two of the most incredible people anyone will ever meet. Can't wait to hear this message. Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Andy and Mandy are so awesome! I would love to hear this sermon. Maybe one of these days I will. Love you all, and especially Alayna! LOL
www.iluv2prshim.wordpress.com

Gene Holley said...

I love Andrew and Mandy! They are really great people and a blessing to everyone.

Mandy said...

I was just thinking this morning how proud I was of my wonderful husband and how God has been using him. I even thought of posting about it and then thought well maybe I shouldn't just down right brag on him...and look what the
Lord has done...afforded me the opportunity without me instigating it. The Lord has really given him a special anointing lately and I am so blessed to be a helpmate to this wonderful man. Thank you all for your kind words we love each of you dearly!!!

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

I wish I could have heard it too.
Andrew and Mandy are an awesome couple with the hand of God on their lives. We really enjoyed being with them when we were there. God has blessed your church by letting them be a part. You have an awesome pastor and wife also.

bouellette said...

Ditto to all, wonderful people who reflect wonderful parents, who show a beautiful saviour to a world full of people who just need to realize it is all in Jesus.

Patti said...

Bro. Andrew and Sis. Mandy are wonderful people, and have such sweet spirits about them, and they really care about the young people, and souls. They are a blessing.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it any better Sis. Elms. I grew up with Bro. Andrew in my youth group and have always admired him and known God was going to use him. I am very thankful that I have the opportunity to still be here and see that in action! Thank you Bro. Andrew for sharing God's heart with us last night. It changed my life forever!

Ashley said...

I received one of my best blessings in Sunday night's service. The service was so refreshing to my soul. Words can not describe the joy that I felt and still fell today. Thank you Bro. Andrew, for speaking God's message to us.

Jana Allard said...

I have not had the privilege of meeting Andy or Mandy, but I'm so glad you took a moment to brag. All mom's deserve to brag and the kids deserve to receive it.

preacherman23 said...

Sis Elms, I have always been so proud of Bro Andrew and the way he ministers and preaches. I mean, both of your boys were constantly at my house and they are like big brothers to me and my brother and like 2 more kids to my parents. I have so many memories of hanging out with him and playing video games and goin on golf trips with him and my dad. I'm glad he's my youth pastor and such a close friend. I love him and Sis Mandy...They r the greatest ever.

Tammy Bryant said...

WOW!! I just have to post again!! Incredible words and emotions all from a vessel willing to be annointed for people! Thanks Bro. Andrew again and again.

Linda Elms said...

Ya'll are all so wonderful! Thank you for your response to this post. I didn't know so many would write, but it makes my heart warm with thanksgiving to hear all you have said. Thank you for your compliments and love! I love you all!

Joseph James said...

Well... if you have 21 posts and all of them are in agreement you at least need one that dissents... So... I dissent. I think he is a horrible guy. LOL

Actually... I don't at all. I find as I get older that I appreciate more and more the people that I grew up with and their walk with God. It is so uplifting when I see God's annointing on Bro. Andrew, or any of my other former youth group members.

Our young people are blessed to have Bro. Andrew and Sis. Mandy and I pray for both of them often... he is a great Man of God.

Linda Elms said...

Thank you Joseph for your kind words, and words from the heart. I appreciate you writing. It's wonderful watching as God uses those who have "SOLD OUT" to Him! I believe that was one the themes used during the years you all were a part of LifeALIVE.