Friday, December 29, 2006

I'm Finished With Christmas

As much as I've enjoyed this Christmas, friends and family, I'm ready to move on to a NEW YEAR! In my wildest imagination I never believed that we would be celebrating the year 2007. All of my life I have heard about the return of our Lord, and when he would come back for His bride, on a cloud, and we would be caught away, together, to meet Him in the air! I am still looking for Him to return. I KNOW it will happen and it can't be too far in the future! But, while we remain here on earth I want to be ALL I can be for God, family, friends, and church. It's wonderful being a mom, wife, grandmother, friend, and Pastor's wife! Life couldn't have been any better for me. Of course, we've had some very hard times in our ministry, but I have been so blessed and I am happy to be "who" I am. Working with people, and loving them, and seeing changes take place for the better in their lives is fulfilling and exciting! I've watched how God has taken the sin-sick life, and made something beautiful for the world to see. I've watched the poor become financially stable after coming to God, and you can't experience these changes in people's lives without feeling a deep appreciation and love for the ONE who has caused this to happen. What does 2007 hold for all of us? I don't pretend to even "think" I know, but I do know there are great things ahead for everyone who will strive to do their BEST for God!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I love Christmas, I'm glad it's over. Looking forward to the New Year!
www.iluv2prshim.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I like the new pictures of the girls. We had a very merry Christmas!!!

Jewel said...

I, too, never thought we would be here to celebrate 2007, Sis. Elms! But here we are, still living for the Lord and expecting wonderful things in the new year! God Bless!

jay5in said...

Well I am ready for God to come, but not for another 7 months or so. I love your blog Sis Elms. You are so full of love and it just pours out on these pages : ).

Linda Elms said...

Well, thank you Jason. That's sweet of you. I just wonder "why" you don't want the Lord to come for at least 7 months! It doesn't have anything to do with "getting married" does it? :) Love you!

Linda Elms said...

Jewel, let's keep looking for the Lord to come! It just can't be long, now.