Last night was another one of those "surprises" for Wendell and me! Yesterday afternoon Wendell studied for several hours preparing for Wednesday night Bible Study. I worked in the office for several hours and by the time we were suppose to go back to church we were both very tired! I don't know why "tired" has to hit just before church, but it does at times. Anyway, we were getting ready to go and Wendell said something and it struck me funny and I started laughing and could hardly get stopped.

Finally, I quit and continued getting ready to leave for church and about 10 minutes later I realized I was feeling so much better! Laughter really does work! Thank the Lord for a husband that makes me laugh! Anyway, we got to church, had worship, and I gave an announcement about our Ladies Revival coming up and then was told by Andrew to go sit in HIS chair! I had no idea what was happening, and was at a loss. Wendell looked at me and asked, "What are you doing?" I said, "Andrew told me to come sit here!" Andrew then turned around and told his Dad, "You can put your Bible Study away! You won't have to work as hard next week!" LOL!!! The look on Wendell's face was priceless!

He then asked several of the saints to come to the platform and they were called on to "give appreciation" to the Pastor! They were all so sweet and you could feel the love they had for us. Then, Andrew spoke about being raised in the "Pastor's home" and how he had prayed that he can be just "like his Dad". Well, needless to say, it was very touching to all. Andrew read a couple of emails. One from Bro. Kenny Frazier, who had to be out of town last night. Anyone who has been a part of Life Tabernacle remembers over the years of the "Roses are red, violets are blue" poems Bro. Kenny has written. This was another one of his "classics". Andrew then read a touching email from Bro. Gene Holley, Jr. who was our Assistant Pastor for many years. Bro. Gene and Sis. Karla have moved to Pflugerville, TX and are now pastoring their own church.
http://www.newlifephlugerville.org They are doing a wonderful work for the Lord. This was their first Pastor Appreciation service they've missed in 18 years of being part of the ministerial leadership of the church. His kind words meant so much to us. Then Wendell was presented with a "guided pheasant hunt" from the church.

He will be going with Andrew, Jonathan, and Royce. They are looking forward to being together. I was then presented with a gift certificate to a spa here in town, of which I am sure I will enjoy thoroughly, and the Ladies of Life are coming to clean my house from top to bottom! "Whatever I want them to do" is what they told me.

They are so sweet to do this for me! We then were ushered to the Fellowship Hall for a nice reception and lots of hugs from our wonderful saints.

We received many cards of appreciation, and a DVD from the young people. What an incredible church!! The saints of Life Tabernacle have always shown us appreciation, love, loyalty, and support. God will have a special place for them in Heaven! We will definitely be meeting them "in front of the throne"!
4 comments:
How cool is that!! I absolutely love it when someone "gets" Wendell. Can't wait to see y'all at Thanksgiving.
(p.s. If you don't use your gift certificate, I will! LOL!)
Karla, It was NEAT! I'm sure you WOULD use my certificate, but you'd have to be here FIRST! LOL! Anyway, I think I'm going to use it myself! I've been wanting to go for awhile. You could come up and go with me, though. When Andrew started reading Gene's email last night, I got really sentimental. I had to shed a few tears, but life goes on and I'm happy for ya'll.
I'm so glad that you were honored in this way. I truly hope that you are blessed with many more years of health and "spizzorinctum"! I have heard that word many times and now I got to use it!!
Gene, you are so funny! We all definitely laughed when it was used in the email from you. Thank you for the many years you "honored" us. You helped train those under you to honor their Pastor. You "reap what you sow." Now, you are experiencing the same joy of pastoring a congregation and feeling the love saints give to their "pastor". By the way, you need to finish that book you started! Ronda, you are so right about the saints! They ARE wonderful!! I'm glad you have a great bunch of folks there in Hollister. They were sweet to us when we were there for the wedding.
Post a Comment