Thursday, November 16, 2006

Just Call Me "GRACE"!

You never know from one day to the next what might take place! I was on my way to get in the car last night, headed for a committee meeting, when I took a step and something threw me off balance and I came CRASHING to the floor!! I had been talking to Andrew on the phone until the phone went FLYING across the garage, hitting the floor with a BANG! Poor Andrew! He was on the other end of the line hearing all the commotion and knowing I had fallen and hurt myself, so they were at our house in about 3 minutes! Wendell was in the garage when I fell and it scared him to death. Anyway, I couldn't get up for awhile. I was hurting so bad that I thought I might faint if I tried getting up so I just laid half way in the garage and half way in the drive-way! I can only imagine what the neighbors would have thought if any of them would have been in their yard last evening! They definitely would have heard me yell, "JESUS"!! I just thank the Lord that I didn't break any bones, or hit my head or face! It could have been so much worse! Tomorrow night is the beginning of our Ladies Revival with Sis. Priscilla McGruder and I'm really glad I will be able to take care of the services. I know God is going to do powerful things for us! He has already started! Today while I was here at home, hurting from the fall, and trying to get some things done, all of a sudden, I felt SO MUCH BETTER! I KNEW someone was praying for me! It is so wonderful to know God, and know that He cares about everything that concerns us.

6 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Sis. Elms,

OUCH! Makes me hurt just thinking about it. So thankful that you didn't break anything. Take it easy!

Love you,

Carla

Linda Elms said...

I will do my best to try and stay on my feet! It definitely did hurt, but I'm doing ok. Thank the Lord!!!

Gene Holley said...

I believe I felt a tremor on Tuesday evening... and now I know what it was! LOL - just kidding. Glad you are OK.

Linda Elms said...

LOL!! Thanks a lot, Gene! LOL! I'm glad I'm ok, also.

Tammy Bryant said...

They can make fun all they want as long as you are not in pain.
But.........I do remember something strange happening that day. LOL!!

Linda Elms said...

LOL! You're so funny! You just couldn't resist, could you! LOL!