Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween Fun

This is Savanna and Alayna last year when they went out "trick or treating" for the first time. They were so cute as they went door to door. They were a little sheepish the first few doors then they "caught on" to what happened when they said those magical words, "trick or treat". Needless to say they came home with a lot of candy! Scarlett our "punkin' eater" got in on the fun, too! This year Savanna and Scarlet did not get to come, so Alayna went with her parents, Andrew and Mandy. She was "Candy Corn"! I've been thinking....life can be so stressful, especially if you worry about all the "issues" that have been thrown at us in the recent years. I remember going "trick or treating" when I was a child. Parents walked with us making sure the "goblins" didn't get us. They even told us scary stories when they thought we were old enough to "enjoy" them. All of the memories of Halloween Parties are forever etched in my mind, and I didn't grow up to be a "witch"! Let's just enjoy life and have FUN with our kids. They will soon be living "real life" and we'll wish we had spent more time playing "make-believe".

3 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Too cute!

Carla

Anonymous said...

Darling "Trick of Treaters". Of course, they would be. Look at their parents!!!

Linda Elms said...

Thank you Vicki! It's good hearing from you. It's great having friends I've known almost all of my life. Although, we didn't get to spend our Halloween partties together, we had a lot of fun times when we were kids!

Love you!
Linda