Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Time Well Spent

As I was getting ready to go to bed tonight, I felt drawn to sit down at my piano. The songs that flooded my mind and got my fingers to "tickling the ivory" were:

Everybody Will Be Happy Over There
Until Then
I Want to Go There
Lord, When Are You Coming?
I Want to Hear Your Welcome

Once I started singing, I didn't want to stop, so I kept playing and singing for awhile. The longer I sang, the more "homesick" I got for Heaven. I want to be ready to meet The Lord when He comes to take us all home.

There's something great about letting your "soul" sing. It lightens your load. It re-focuses your mind. It brings to remembrance the one thing that's most important, and keeps Heaven in view. Oh yes! I had a wonderful time as I sang. My voice isn't as strong as it once was, and at times it struggles to reach a note, but my heart had no problem of reaching into the heavens. Then, I felt Him walk into MY world, and I had the desire to grow closer to Him!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda, you don't know how much I needed to read this......my work is really getting me depressed......bosses who curse and scream at their staff .......you become so worn out, mentally and physcially you forget what is really important .

Ronda Hurst said...

This same thing happened to me the other day. I was not feeling good so I just decided to set down at the piano and played and sang. The longer I did, the lighter my spirit became. When I finally finished, Nathan said to me, "you sure seem better". I said, "it's amazing what good music can do for the soul". :-) I'm glad you had that time too. Valere, you understand too. I sure would like to hear you play again. :-) love you both!

Linda Elms said...

Valere, I'm glad you enjoyed this post. Surely it won't be too much longer, and we'll be leaving this old world. Stay focused! Love you!

Linda Elms said...

Ronda, you'd think we were sisters! ;-) I'm glad you are feeling better. The only thing that would have made your time at the piano better is if we would have been together singing and playing! I love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love all of those old songs. When our 40-something pastor wants to break into one of these old songs, our keyboard player can't play them. So sad that there is a generation that has never even heard these beautiful songs that we grew up with.

Christina said...

I have thought of getting a keyboard in our home, and see if I could learn to play from some online teachings just so I can do this very thing. To sit and play just because!

Linda Elms said...

Christina, I tried several times to answer you, but something happened. I'm sorry! I thought it had posted. Go ahead and get you a keyboard. There's nothing like sitting down in your own home to sing and play. It's a wonderful thing to do. You'll not regret it. Love you!