Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Countdown

It's just a few more days till Christmas, and I haven't finished buying gifts, yet! At times I feel that panic mode, then remind myself that 'll get it done! I always have!

We are really looking forward to a few days with our kids and grandkids! Our granddaughters are growing up way too fast, yet I'm enjoying each stage! They range from pre-teen to little toddlers, so I can enjoy great conversation with the older ones, and cuddle with the babies. What a life!

I have my house decorated with all the Christmas decorations, our nativity, and my Santa collection. I love this time of year! All the green and red that fills our home makes it cheerful and fun!

When I think about the "Reason for the Season," I think of the song..."We are the reason that He gave His life..." Calvary wasn't the first or only time He gave His life. When Jesus came to earth as a baby, He gave His life, for He knew He would have to suffer and be ridiculed, mocked, and crucified! He came with a purpose! My heart overflows with thankfulness, and I am humbled to know how much He loves me...and you.

Yes, Christmas Day is almost here, but while I am approaching the day filled with family, fun, food, and presents, I pause to reflect on the REASON for it all!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: