Sunday, January 29, 2012

That Book Might Be TRASHED

"I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, For it is the power of God unto salvation..."

I am not ashamed of...the stand on "separation" that my husband has preached through the years, and is not about to change.

I am not ashamed of...the many messages I have heard through my life,  preached by my father and many men of God on "living holy before God".

In fact...I LOVE what I've been taught! Therefore...I am not ashamed to say...

I STILL BELIEVE THE OLD-TIME APOSTOLIC MESSAGE OF REPENTANCE, BAPTISM IN JESUS NAME, AND THE INFILLING OF THE HOLY GHOST WITH THE EVIDENCE OF SPEAKING IN OTHER TONGUES, AND HOLINESS WITHOUT WHICH NO MAN CAN SEE THE LORD!

I am not ashamed to be called..."One of them".

The world has been trying to water down the gospel of Jesus Christ since He walked the face of this earth. It bothers them that they have never been able to do away with the fact that there are people all over the world that have received the gospel, and who live it. Those believer's will die for that which was given to them through the inspired Word of God.

I recently heard from a friend that a well-known speaker/author in the Christian world made some disparaging remarks about Pentecostal women. I am not one that gets offended easily, but this really started me to thinking, because...

I had wanted a particular inspirational book, written by this "well-known speaker/author".  I had told my husband I wanted it, so, for Christmas one of my presents was "that" book. I was happy to get it, but my spirit was troubled within. That may bring a little frown to your brow because I should have been happy, but, before ever asking for the book my heart had already talked to me. "WHY do you need to read a book to inspire you to draw closer to God that's been written by someone you know does not believe the Apostolic message? WHY do you want to read "that" book when you have books on your bookshelf that are written by people you KNOW loves truth, has a walk with God, and you KNOW they fast and pray until the gates of hell are shaken to their foundation? What can you learn from that "Christian writer/speaker" that you can't learn from someone you know personally and trust them with any situation you might face? If you have a need, all you have to do is pick up the phone and call one of your "fasting prayer warriors" and ask them to take your need to the Lord, and when you hang up the phone you know, without a doubt, they will pray for you?"

Six weeks later I have to confess, "that" book is still sitting on my table by my recliner except for when I put it in my "book bag" to travel with me, and I haven't read it, yet. I've picked it up several times to read, but that nagging thought keeps coming at me.  "What can that book teach you..."  I'm now starting to believe it is the Holy Ghost trying to get my attention to NOT read it.

Lest you think I am crazy and have fallen out of the bed and hurt my head...I have MANY books written by people who are not Apostolic.  They do not believe the same as I do, and I have enjoyed learning from people who are well learned in their field. But, as far as I know, they haven't made it a point to ridicule and belittle my faith and the lifestyle I, and many thousands have chosen to live.

In these last days, there is a poison going around that is scaring me!  There are times, I am uncomfortable "hanging" with people that do not love holiness, righteousness, and living a life "separated unto the Lord" like they once did.  I think the "uncomfortable feeling" comes when whoever it is speaks against that which we have loved and cherished.  It's scary to think some have turned away from what they have been taught, yet still profess to be "okay".   Maybe they think it's too old fashioned or it's not necessary to live like "grandma and grandpa" to be saved.  But, I have thought it through many times, trying to figure out what it is in the world that people want.  I can honestly say, there is nothing in this world that beckons me!  My mind is made up!  I'm going to heaven!  I am not saying we should be "isolated" from the world.  I'm not talking about NOT loving the sinner, or the backslider who has failed God.  I want that to be clear!  My heart hurts thinking about those who have lost their way and seem to not be able to find their way back "home".  I am praying for those who are hurting.  If anyone knows me well they know I love people, love to have fun, love to laugh and enjoy life. They also know that I hold on to a clean life-style and godly living. They know that I am not one to quickly condemn and do my best not to judge others. But, my question to ME and to you is...Are we going to allow ourselves to bring in the "poison of carnal thinking" men/women and expect to live through it?

Back to "that" book...I am very seriously thinking about throwing it in the trash and never reading it. I most likely will not listen to the author preach or teach again. I have no use for anyone that attacks the saints of God and belittles them because of their godly life-style. Oh, it's not because they have attacked ME, but because they have spoken against a people who have chosen to live "holy lives unto the Lord". I will not listen to anyone tear down my Apostolic heritage! I love God too much, and the many men and women who have walked the "road of righteousness" to allow it to be diminished to nothing. I would rather throw "that fifteen dollar book" in the trash than to drink in the poison of deception. The more poison you drink, the more it chips away at the bricks and mortar of truth. My peace of mind and clear thinking is worth a whole lot more than FIFTEEN DOLLARS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phil 4:8

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
KJV
Linda You are right.

Aunt Joyce

Linda Elms said...

Aunt Joyce...thank you! I trashed it! :-) I guess there is always a "first time" for everything. I trust you are doing well. I love you!