I was needing a kind word from someone this week when out of nowhere a friend that I had not known for long walked up, gave me a warm "friend" greeting, wrapped me in her arms, and let me know I was loved! I cannot express the warmth I felt from her greeting. I went home that night a changed lady because someone gave their love in a beautiful, unassuming, gentle, sweet way. Later, she came to me and apologized for being "disrespectful" to me. She felt she had been too familiar. I could not have been more surprised! I assured her, with tears, that she had touched me in a way that I needed on that day.
I love REAL people! In God's work there should never be "big I's and little You's". REAL people love without reservation, and give unselfishly. The dear sweet lady that hugged me was REAL, unassuming, and unselfish! She was giving PURE LOVE and I knew it was coming from a heart filled with GOD'S LOVE! God placed her in my life and I'm blessed to call her "friend". I am really looking forward to my next visit with her, even if it is for a "split second in time".
We are living in a hurting, selfish world. People all around us are longing for love and friendship. Don't be afraid to reach out and love someone. Be REAL! Reach for others and help them carry their load. They will be forever thankful.
1 comment:
Sis. Elms the same way this special lady touched you, your message to me this week did the same for me. I love you and appreciate you being REAL. Love you.
Fonda
Post a Comment