While ironing this evening I felt my soul being stirred. I recognized that God was saying something to me, so I listened a little closer. I am learning that when I feel Him breaking through my thoughts that He has something I need to hear. Sometimes it's for me, other times it is a word for "someone else". Most of the time I do not know who that "someone" is. So, the only thing I know to do is pray and sometimes write what I feel. (Lest anyone think I am "super spiritual", please don't. I am just a sinner saved by grace. In other words...if it wasn't for Him...I would be nothing!)
When I felt the Lord prompt me, I stopped and wrote on Facebook these words..."We're living in the last days! WHY let down the guard rails in your life now? It doesn't make any sense! HOLD ON! It'll be worth every conviction, every godly instruction, every step you take in the footprints of righteous men and women who gave their life for what we hold dear." I went about the house, but this thought will not leave me alone.
...Pandora Radio was playing...I heard...
TAKE ME BACK! TAKE ME BACK DEAR LORD...
TO THE PLACE WHERE I FIRST RECEIVED YOU!
TAKE ME BACK! TAKE ME BACK DEAR LORD...
WHERE I FIRST BELIEVED!
...the Holy Ghost swept in...and I felt it!
...I prayed...YES GOD! TAKE ME BACK WHERE I FIRST BELIEVED!
What is it in the world that you're wanting? What bright lights are calling you? What is it you're wanting to do that you haven't been able to do, or maybe I should say...allowed to do? Why do you want it? Why do you want to do that "something"? "The pleasures of sin are only for a season". What you desire is going to bring your soul to ruin. WHY HALT YE BETWEEN TWO OPINIONS?
Yes...TAKE ME BACK! TAKE ME BACK DEAR LORD!
Before I hit the "Publish Post" button, I know I could DELETE this whole thing. But, I refuse to do so! "Someone out there" just might be getting ready to make the biggest mistake of their life! I wish I could yell loud enough to get your attention! It's time to WAKE UP to the lies you are believing! Whatever you do, please do not resist the voice of God! He is calling your name! He is trying to get your attention. COME HOME! COME HOME!
I can hear another song playing in my memory...
Eternity...Eternity...where will you spend Eternity?
In Heaven or Hell...where will it be?
Where will you spend Eternity?
You can click this blog closed, and go about the rest of your evening. No one will stop you! Or, maybe you can find a place to pray and return back to God! He's waiting with open arms! He loves you and I love you! Please do not wait...
4 comments:
Absolutely awesome, perfect, beautiful, touching, moving post! Thank you for your ministry on the internet, Sis. Elms. I appreciate and love you. Please never stop sharing what God gives you to give us.
♥Tena
Wow. What can I say. This is a awesome ministry. It has been a while since I read your blog.I just want to say, I felt God let me to my church a few years back, but as time has gone past sermons have changed. I realize this is 2012 and I know I dress and think a little old fashion and maybe a little extreme in some eyes, but some where deep in side I feel that is right for me. Yet, my church I attend doesn't agree with my teachings or convictions anymore. I have had thoughts lately that maybe all this is not all necessary to be saved. But, whether or not it is or it isn't, its worth ever mile every heart ache, and "every conviction" I agree. I pray that what ever has its hold on the people in my age group will wake up and believe like they used to. Thank you so much for that reassuring message.
Tena, thank you for your sweet comments. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayer. Love you!
Dear Anonymous...hold on to truth and your convictions! May God give you the strength. Thank you for writing. Blessings!
Post a Comment