Sitting in my room tonight waiting on some more of our friends and family to arrive, I find myself really excited about tomorrow. The hotel lobby will be full of people excited about seeing their friends. There will be a lot of smiles, handshakes, and hugs as we greet each other. General Conference is really like a big family reunion!
When we arrived, we checked into our very nice room, then almost immediately called the Shoemake's to let them know we were on our way to their room. Don't worry, we had been invited. LOL! Bobbie knew that I was very anxious to get her new CD, so she had it ready for me when I walked through the door! I've listened to it and absolutely love it! I've listened to her sing all my life, and it doesn't matter where we are or what time of day it is, when she sits down at the piano, the atmosphere in the room changes. I've been reflecting about her singing tonight, and wrote a little note on her Facebook page. I thought I'd share it with you....
"Bobbie, YOU are simply AMAZING! I've listened to you all of my life, and when you sit down at the piano and start playing, the presence of God enters wherever you may be. You minister to everyone around, and God even comes to enjoy the gift He gave you! THANK YOU for following your heart and recording again! I wish every home had this CD so they could experience what I have through life. I love you and I can't wait to get MY CD!"
Now that I've listened to it, I can say:
1. It's Bobbie Shoemake...her style.
2. You won't hear a lot of extra music. She doesn't need the "filler".
3. Since she is playing the piano and accordion on this CD you will enjoy her voice and style of music.
4. It's simply....Bobbie.
5. It's a wonderful CD to play as you go to your "prayer time".
6. While listening, I felt tears streaming down my face, because of the presence of the Lord I felt.
Now, for those of you who do not know what I mean by "Bobbie Shoemake style" you will need to experience it. For those who know her, you will understand what I'm saying when you hear it for yourself. In our modern age of technology we have grown accustomed to a lot of music. We get sidetracked while we listen to the awesome musicians and all the "licks" they can do on their instrument, not realizing that in the midst of the "noise" we lose the beauty of the song. When you listen to Bobbie sing on her new CD you will not get lost in the "noise", but you will find yourself knowing the One who gives the song.
3 comments:
I followed the link on your previous post and you are exactly right ~ the CD is purely Bobbie Shoemake. It took me back many, many years since I have also heard her my entire life. From the first note, I recognized her unique style and loved it! Thanks for recommending it.
Kathy, you're welcome! I hope you have it in your home by now. :-) She's "one of a kind" for sure.
I purchased it on ITunes and I love it. Thank you!
Post a Comment