Wednesday, August 10, 2011

This Is Like Heaven...

Today I'm sitting at my computer doing a little studying, and searching for some things to go with a thought I am working on. As I'm looking, a song pops into my mind. This happens quite often, so I stopped to listen to the words, and try to relate it to what I have been thinking about. My mind started singing:

This is like Heaven to me...
This is like Heaven to me...


It really got my attention, because I wasn't thinking about Heaven. I was thinking about "friends, and friendships, and reaching out to others", then it dawned on me...
HAVING FRIENDS, FRIENDSHIPS, AND RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS IS A LITTLE TASTE OF HEAVEN! So, I guess I can say "I have been living in a little bit of Heaven the last several days.

We just got back from a lovely time of fellowship and lunch with Pastor and Sis. Greg Gerald. Bro. Gerald texted my husband earlier today and asked if we would have time to meet them for lunch, so my husband forwarded the message on to me. I was thrilled to go eat with them. When they walked into the restaurant their daughter Katelyn was with them, so we got a hug, and a short conversation with her before she hurried off to be with a friend. As we sat and talked, I thought, "The Gerald's didn't call because they had some business to talk about, and there was nothing urgent. They called because they wanted to just be with us, and have lunch." We had a wonderful time talking, talking, talking, and our hearts were warmed by their love and friendship. Thank you, Bro. and Sis. Gerald for stopping by and making this life feel a little closer to Heaven.

My mind now wanders off to being with Pastor and Sis. Richard Flowers this past weekend. On Saturday evening we went to eat with them. We had a great time sitting around the table and talking about the things of God, life, and ministry. After the Sunday service we were invited to their home, and Chad and Mendy came over. (the Flowers son and daughter-in-law). Again, we sat and talked for a long time and enjoyed this very special time "sharing life" with each other.

After the weekend, the "icing was put on the cake" when we got to get hugs and kisses from our granddaughters, Alayna, Ashlyn, and Ansley. Also, the big bear hug from our son, Andrew, and sweet hugs from Amanda (Mandy). You just can't be more blessed than this!

This is like Heaven to me.
This is like Heaven to me.


After my brother passed away, Wendell and I looked at each other and said: "There is nothing more important than being with friends and family, and being with each other. From now on, nothing will keep us from having time with them. Life is too short to be wrapped up in "things" that take us away from people." Family is wonderful, friends are great, and taking time to be with each other is how God made us to be. People is what life is all about!

If you feel lonely, sad and blue, take time to stop and talk to a friend. Be there for someone when they need you, or just want you to sit and visit awhile. There's so many things that will take you away from what is "important" if you let them. Instead, let's all make up our minds to "touch someone" so we can all experience a "little bit of Heaven here on earth".

No comments: