Over the last few weeks I have been lonesome to be with my family and friends! I have made mention that maybe it's because Jesus is getting ready to tell the angel to blow the trumpet and call the Bride of Christ home. I don't know if that is what's happening, but that would be a great happening for the Church!
A few days ago, I started thinking, trying to figure out what it is that's causing my feeling of "lonesomeness and being homesick". I then realized for the last 10 years I have felt this way about this time of year. August 5, 2001 my beautiful Mother was called home to be with the Lord. It was Sunday evening at church time when she took her last breath. We all thought that was very fitting, because she entered into the gates of Heaven at the same time she would have been walking through the sanctuary doors at church to worship her Lord and Savior! Oh, how I've missed her! I thought that the years would take away this lonesome feeling, but it seems it is worse this year. I am not wanting sympathy, because for me that only makes it worse, but I just wanted to say "I'm ready to see her again!"
Many of our friends and loved ones have been taken from us, and we all have had our times of sorrow. I really think that this "homesick feeling" makes us WANT to go to Heaven more as the days go by. God has been good to all of us, no matter what our circumstances have been. I know He has never left any of us, and He never will. How about you all? Are you ready to go? Are you anxious to meet Jesus face to face and hear Him say, "Well Done, thou good and faithful servant?" It's going to happen someday and maybe it will be SOON!
A beautiful song comes to mind:
There's a beautiful home far over the sea.
There's a beautiful home for you and for me.
And it's glittering towers the Son will outshine.
And that beautiful home someday shall be mine.
I'm longing for Home! For the sun's going down.
I long to go where sweet rest can be found.
I'm just about through with this 'ole house of clay.
I'm leaving this world for Glory someday.
If the trumpet sounds tonight, just "look for me in front of the throne"! I'll be looking for YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment