What is heaven going to be like?
My mind gets to thinking about it all, and after I've thought about all the beauty that is there, of which there is no way to even imagine, my thoughts wander back to what is really going to make it special.
1. Jesus will be what makes it Heaven for me.
2. Seeing my loved ones who have already gone "home".
3. Seeing my sons and their beautiful wives, and our granddaughters "over there". I can see them as they look around, trying to take in the FACT that "we've made it"! I know we will all be totally overwhelmed with the realization that......this is HEAVEN!
4. Meeting up with friends who made it to the other side before I did.
5. Meeting saints from all over the world, for the FIRST time!
6. Worship, praise, and adoring our Savior and King!
There is so much more that will make it Heaven, but the one thing I think of are the relationships I have made here on earth. As you see, #1 is Jesus...my Savior. I have a beautiful relationship with Him! I'm so glad I know Him, love Him and serve Him. He's the One that makes my life worth living. If it had not been for the Lord....where would I be?
Then, to think about seeing my family when we all get over there...wow...talk about laughing! We love to laugh when we're together here, but when we all actually realize we're in Heaven...well...the angels will have to step aside, because we are going to have a PARTY!
Tonight I was at a special meeting here in Lufkin. Go 2 Heaven Lufkin was wonderful! There were several UPC churches that gathered at the Civic Center tonight for a crusade. Eastview UPC and Pastor Hunt was the "host church" and they did a wonderful job of organizing a powerful service for the community. The music was great, the program of the service was well-planned, and the preaching by Pastor Hunt was anointed and very powerful. There were a lot of people in the altars, and I know some received the Holy Ghost.
When the altar call was given I went forward. I wanted to be where the action was, and there was a lot of "action". I smiled at one of the ladies from Cornerstone church as she was praying for a lady. Then, she stopped and told me "who" this lady was that was needing a touch from God. I couldn't believe it! I had stopped to pray for a lady that was raised in a church in Allison, TX where my parents had pastored before I was born. After she finished praying, I started explaining about this, and she said, "I know. I've already heard." :) I loved it! I then stepped back to speak to Sis. Clifton Boydston from Allison who remembered my parents. The lady I had been praying with was her daughter! It really is a small world!
After church, I went to eat with the "singles". My husband was not there because he is out of town, so I decided to go and enjoy the fellowship...and of course to EAT! :) I was sitting there and two of the ladies told me they remembered my parents and brother from a "long time ago", and I was overwhelmed once again about how neat it is to be raised in the church, and to remain a part of the people you were brought up to love and appreciate. I was so thankful that my parents had been part of an organization that they loved and respected, and that they took us to meetings in the district and to national meetings so that I could meet others "just like me".
As I write, my mind thinks about the awesomeness of Truth, and how great it is to have friendships/acquaintances from all over the world. These people love Truth with every fiber of their being! They would give their lives for "so great salvation"! I know a lot of these people personally, and I know the strong devotion they have for God, and the love they have for one another. These friendships have "stood the test of time", and the Truth is what has been our "common denominator". True, pure love from these beautiful people has kept me through the years, and has given me a solid foundation upon which to build strong relationships that have not crumbled.
No wonder when we all come together in one big meeting we can feel comfortable! Truth has set us free from the bondage of sin, and the attitudes that would divide. I'm thankful for God's love that we've been given, and I am thankful for the love of "fellow travelers" who have realized that we are only "passing through this land" and that our time here on earth is not for long. We have seen the "lights of home" and we intend to walk through the gates of that beautiful city, and we will enjoy walking on streets of purest gold...together.
What is Heaven going to be like? I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I think I've got a pretty good idea, because I've had a little taste of Heaven here on earth!
2 comments:
Linda,
Thank you for your blogs of late.They are inspiring and
uplifting. All the way back to your vacation, your
birthday, your dads birthday, No Regrets, the songs, and now heaven. Keep up the good work for those of us who don't do face book. I usually click on your blog first and was so glad when you eeturned.
I can see your mother in you. She used to go to the piano,
play and sing.
she was one of myfavorites I loved to hear you and Keith sing with her.
YOu know we will have a good time when we get to heaven. won't heaven be a happy place?
Love you,
Aunt Joyce
Aunt Joyce, it's always good to hear from you! I'm sorry I haven't been writing lately, but I'm trying to do better. :) I do enjoy writing when I can sit down and focus. LOL! I hope you're doing well. Thank you for the compliment. If there's anyone I would like to "be like" it would be Mother! I miss her, Daddy and Keith so much! Love You!
Post a Comment