Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Heart Sings

Last night we went to the Installation Service for Pastor Jeff and Lee Jones. The presence of the Lord was felt throughout the service. One of the ministers that was introduced sang the chorus of this beautiful song: "Just to Walk With Him". My mind, my heart, my soul was like a sponge as I recognized the words to this song has been and still is my very heartbeat! I don't want anything to take the place of my time with Jesus! Here are the words.

Just to walk with Him means everything to me.
Just to know He's there and His hand is leading me.
Though the world may pass me by, go their way, let me be.
Just to walk with Him means everything to me.

For the last few days my heart has been singing songs of "yesterday", and as I sat at my piano here in my home, I felt the strength and power of the songs that kept flooding my mind. As I would sing I felt His presence come close.

I've been on the mountain with Jesus.
I've been in the valley so low.
But not one time has He failed me.
When to Him with my burdens I go.

So let me walk with you Jesus.

Don't ever leave me alone.
For without you I could never.
No, never make heaven my home.

Then...

What can He do with a life that's steeped in sin?
What can He do with no hope of life within?
Lift up the fallen man, out of the sinking sand,
Through Calvary's saving plan.
That's what He can do!

What can He do for you? Low helpless, sad, and blue?
He'll do what other friends can never do.
He hears each time you pray.
Drives all the doubts away.
Turns darkest night to day.
That's what He can do.

Who wouldn't want to serve Jesus Christ? He NEVER goes back on His promises. He has been what He said He would be in my life!

I could go on and on "singing" these songs because they are in my heart and I love to sing, but I will stop for now. I trust you all have a wonderful Sunday in the presence of the King!

Oh, I just can't stop without this song that came to my mind. It was written by my dear friend: Bobbie Shoemake

It won't be long now, 'til we see Jesus.
It won't be long, 'til He appears.
The lights of glory are shining brighter.
And I just feel it won't be long.

When the trumpet sounds, I will meet you all on the other side! We just might hear it this week!

Won't we have a time when we get over yonder?

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Oh, but I do love these old songs, too, Sis. Elms. They bring back such precious memories.
I am music director at church and I have always endeavored to weave these old choruses and songs into our worship as the Lord would lead because they mean so much to the older saints, of which I am becoming one. :-)
The Lord's best to you and Bro. Elms!