The second day of the New Year has been wonderful! We came to Beaumont last evening to spend "Christmas" with Jonathan, Brenda and the girls. So today, Brenda, the girls and I went shopping. I am one that doesn't like to shop much, but today was different. I had two happy little girls and a very happy "daughter" to shop with, and it was fun! I loved watching as Savanna and Scarlet "shopped". Savanna, is starting to enjoy the shopping experience, and I watched as she would walk through the stores looking at all the pretty dresses, shoes, and purses. I could see how much she was growing up and becoming a "little lady". Oh, how time flies! It seems it was just a few months ago that I held her tiny infant body in my arms, and now she is eight years old! Eight years later I have three more sweet granddaughters who are growing up so quickly!
The beginning of a new year always brings reflection, and I've noticed that I keep thinking about enjoying one second, one moment, one hour, one day....at a time! So many times we "wish our life away", and before we know it we have missed the important things in life.
I haven't said it for awhile on my blog, so let me remind all of us that the "most important thing in life is having a RELATIONSHIP with those around you". When a person has no one to love, no one to share with, and no one to care for, they don't have much to live for. It is a sad, lonely existence to not have friends. It's even more sad when someone CHOOSES to let hurts separate them from their family or a friend. Friends and family are what life is made of, not "things" that we acquire by working so hard that we don't have time to sit and talk awhile, or to listen to a friend as they talk about what is "bugging" them. Let me remind all of us once again, that we also need to put God in our life. He should be number one, then everyone else. "...For without Him we can do nothing".
I feel like I'm rambling, and I guess I really am, but that's okay. Sometimes it good to ramble. :)
Have a great Sunday! Be sure and go to church! Put first things first and your life will be fulfilled. God...family...friends... LIFE will be great when you have all three.
1 comment:
Sis Elms,You are so right,I'm also one of the bless'd to Love & to be Loved back speaking @ grandkids. they still argue @ whoes turn it is to stay the night with nana & popo.We were so privilage to continue our new year's eve tradition with Michael,Eloiza & kids.I thank God for their relationship & respect.They are a very busy family always doing things together so i do appreciate there time for us,& You & I both know the Secret-LOVE-GODS LOVE! It was good to see you & I wish you a Happy New Year!! Love & Prayers Sis Ojeda In HIs Service!
Post a Comment