Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saturday Surprise!

We were leaving Ranger when my husband took a turn that I wasn't expecting to take. I looked at him and asked, "Where are you going?" He told me we were going to Andrew and Mandy. He wanted to see the church after it got flooded. Then, he said, "They are having a birthday party for Ashlyn at McDonald's." Well! Of course, I wanted to go!

Andrew wasn't going to tell Mandy that we were on our way, but she knew something was up when he heard Andrew giving directions to someone to be at the party. She quickly assessed the situation, looked around and saw that everyone was already there, so she was curious. She's such a sweetheart and is always happy that we "show up", but she was real happy that Ashlyn was going to have at least one set of grandparent's at her party. It's not easy for Darrell and Jeanetta to always be at the girls parties, and it's not easy for us either, so it was special for us as well!

All the kids were out playing in McDonald's playground when we arrived. When we walked over to where Alayna and Ashlyn were, Alayna spotted us first and came running and yelling, "Mimi! Papa!" The excitement in Alayna's voice got Ashlyn's attention and when she saw us she hardly knew what to do!!! It was so cute! It only took her a second and she came running! She threw her arms around my neck and hugged and hugged me, then as we turned towards Papa I felt her little hand patting me on the back. Ahhh...there is nothing like it!

We had a wonderful afternoon enjoying our "3 year old's party"!



I love surprises, especially when I get to see my grandbabies and their parents. :)

7 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

What sweet pictures. Happy Birthday No. 3 Ashlyn.

Jewel said...

What precious pictures, Sis. Elms! So happy for you that you got to spend time with your precious babies at the party!

Tracie Smith said...

Too cute! I'm sure there is nothing like grandbabies.

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

There is nothing like it Tracie, no matter how old they get. I'm so glad you got to share that moment. They grow sooooo quickly. Another precious memory for her memory bank.

Michelle said...

What a wonderful surprise! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you were able to be a surprise! It is hard to keep up with how fast kids grow. All of your granddaughters are beautiful just like their Mimi. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Awwww...precious and adorable pics! What a feeling to be loved so greatly.