Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thankful All Is Well

This morning while getting dressed to leave for the day I was startled when I heard a man's voice I did not recognize in our "apartment". I stayed quiet, and once again I heard him say "hello" with a question in his voice. I quickly stepped into the bedroom area and he was standing at the door!!! He was startled to see ME and said, "Uhhhh....is this a HOUSE?" I was in such shock that I hardly could answer, so when I found my voice I said, "uhhhh....yes....". He continued, "I'm looking for (a certain address) and my GPS directed me here. Is this Walden St.?" I again, answered, "uhhhh....no....". He STOOD THERE and looked at me, and I STOOD THERE and stared at him! I still don't know what I would have done if he would have come at me, but I guarantee you one thing...he would have had a terrible time if he had!

When I saw my husband a little later I told him what had happened, and I can say that I definitely had his FULL attention. :) He told me what to do if that ever happened again, and also said he would make sure he LOCKED the door the next time he left the house. I really do appreciate that! :)

I'm really thankful all is well! It could have been so much worse. I know God has His hand on our lives! I do have to chuckle a little when I think about the shocked look on that man's face! I don't know what he saw in my eyes, but I think he knew I wasn't r-e-a-l happy about him "invading my space"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word......Sis. Elms, thank God you were protected. I think I would have just dropped dead from a heart attack......Why did he just walk in your house? Tell that hubby of yours he better lock the door next time he leaves. I am so glad that nothing happened, you were truly fortunate and God was looking out for you.

love you,
Shirley Patrick

Anonymous said...

My husband is always fussing about having to ring the doorbell because I lock the storm door. I'll relate this story to him. Maybe he will agree this is a good idea.

We have had someone walk in on our next door neighbor several years ago.
Betty C.