With "IKE" hitting so forcefully, many of our friends and their churches have been affected. Jon and Brenda had some damage from water coming in through the roof, but they will get it fixed and all will be well. I'm glad it wasn't more than it was. We are just now getting ALL the power on at the District Offices. The grounds are getting cleaned up from the limbs and trees that were damaged, and things are slowly getting back to normal. Our "home" is still in the shop. It's suppose to be ready sometime Monday, but we're not counting on it. We know how those things go, so we've learned to relax about it.
Here's a little humor to help get your mind off of your problems: We have been in so many hotels lately that we don't know which way to turn when we walk out of our room!!!! Is that because we're getting OLD, or is that what happens when people travel a lot? :) What's really bad is when you get up in the middle of the night and run into the WALL! Your nose might look funny for a few days, but at least you FINALLY "find your way" back to bed!!! LOL!
Back to storms: The weather has been BEAUTIFUL this week! It's amazing how during a storm you think the skies will never be blue again, but every time, the clouds and rain go away! This song is one of my favorites.
Someone said that in each life,
some rain is bound to fall.
And each one sheds his share of tears,
And trouble, troubles us all.
But the hurt can't hurt forever
And the tears are sure to dry;
And it won't rain always,
The clouds will soon be gone.
The sun that they've been hiding
has been there all along.
And it won't rain always,
God's promises are true.
The sun's gonna shine
in His own good time,
And He will see you through.
BE ENCOURAGED! GOD IS IN CONTROL!
10 comments:
Tell the Clarks 'Hello'! I know they are excited to have you. Once Kent was travelling a lot and woke up one more confused about where he was. Your not getting old! lol Have fun in your travels. I regret Ike messed up our plans with you guys. We'll set a new date soon, hopefully.
LOL! Being confused in a hotel has nothing to do with age. My family makes fun of me every time we travel, because I NEVER know which way the elevator is. Some of us are just more directionally challenged than others!
I assure you it doesn't have any thing to do with AGE. I woke up yesterday and we were in a hotel at the McLaughlin's marriage retreat in Grandbury and I had to ask Ron...where are we? We are in diferent hotels or evangelist quarters every week and that is the first time that has happened to me. I did not have a clue where we were...LOL!!!!!
Sis Elms,
I got the song from your blog and posted it to mine. I needed it right then and it was an encouragement to me so I posted it to my blog in case someone else needed to be reminded that the clouds don't last forever.
Thank you so much
ROTF! I hope you don't hurt yourself to bad in all those different hotel rooms. :) Hopefully you will get your "home" back soon. Love ya!
Sis. Elms! My Pastor, your son, preached to us yesterday! The "Sustaining Power of God". He went to the piano, played Mary Had A Little Lamb. HAHA Then he hit a note. Then he hit the same note, with the pedal down! It 'sustained". Things happen for the greater, whether good or bad when it is "sustained"! A sustained job is good! A sustained imprisonment is bad.
It was awesome to be home! We miss our Sis. Brenda Elms and girls. They will be home soon.
The spirit was so sweet yesterday! I really don't know how people live without this Glorious Stuff!!!
I am so HAPPY to be here.
Lord Bless You this Great Day!!
Only old people get lost between the bathroom and the bedroom
LOL! I don't know about age but sometimes I wake up at home and I am confused! I enjoy reading about your travels! God is moving in these last days!
Ahhh...a fellow Gaither fan! Love that song! God IS in control...thanks for reminding us!
Sister Elms it was such an honor to have you and Bro Elms in service with us. You're both so gifted and annointed of God, such a joy to be in fellowhip with.
Thank you for fitting us into your busy schedule..
Gos Bless
Post a Comment