I hope you are all having a wonderful day! We are "waiting" for the wind and rain to hit here from Hurricane Gustav. We've been told by authorities here that they are thinking we will get only 3-5 inches of rain, which I'm thankful for. I guess we'll just keep waiting until.....
Jonathan sent Brenda and the girls to us on Saturday, then he came Sunday afternoon, after they had a Sunday morning service. Of course, a lot of people had already evacuated, but they had a backslider pray through, and had new visitor. Jonathan was glad he stayed!
Yesterday, my husband was invited to preach at Homer, TX, just outside of Lufkin, and we had a great time! Last night, Jonathan, Brenda and the girls went with us and it was wonderful having them with us in church! We don't get that opportunity very often, so it was really nice!
We had awesome church and the presence of God was wonderful! It was a great experience! Their music was different from what I've been use to, but it was refreshing. Simple chords, beat, and words! I told a man who played one of the guitars that all they needed was a good "fiddle player"! Everyone sang with ALL THEIR HEARTS and you could feel the excitement as we praised the Lord. Everyone had such a passion for God, and their passion was contagious, and I found myself being carried into the presence of God. Bro. and Sis. Frankens and family were so enjoyable to be around. You could tell they were sold out to serving God and others.
In our travels we get to visit a lot of churches, and we have experienced all types of worship and praise. I love seeing how God uses so many different personalities to do His work. I really do love it!
Well, the trees are starting to move a little more from the wind that is picking up. I'm not worried or concerned about the storm. I know we are in His hands. There's not a safer place to be! If it gets too "wild" we will head over to the "camp kitchen" with the McInnis' and TBC students who are still here. Like Bro. McInnis said, "At least we will have something to eat if we're in the kitchen." :)
7 comments:
My in-laws pastored in Homer once upon a time. Stay safe and enjoy your family.
Glad you are safe and enjoying your travels!
I am really glad that you let us visit all of the churches you visit through this blog. We probably won't have the opportunity to do what you are doing, so it is fun to see what is going on at other places.
Love ya!
Tracie, you taught me something today. I didn't know the Smith's pastored in Homer. I'm finding out new information all the time. :)
Gene, thanks! We're doing our best to enjoy it ALL!
Karen, I'm glad I can include my friends in our travels. It's fun! Love you!
The title of this blog cracks me up. lol
I'll be soooo glad when Hurricane Gustav is swallowed up in the sea of FORGETFULNESS!! We are praying for anyone and everyone that has had to go through it or those that are in the line of fire! I've never heard of Homer, but I'm glad y'all had a great service.
OK JOSEPH....would you like to share? Just write me an email! LOL!
Janet, I'm with you on the hurricane! It's pretty much over, but we have Hanna, and two others we're watching. I'll be glad when "hurricane season" is OVER! (FYI - Homer is just outside Lufkin.)
Post a Comment