Friday, August 29, 2008

Please Pray Against Hurricane Gustav!


















NEW ORLEANS — On the same day that residents marked the three-year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina's wrath, another storm strengthened into a hurricane miles away and threatened to hit the U.S. Gulf Coast once again.

I am asking my blogger friends to please pray that this hurricane will turn and go back to sea! After the terrible hurricane devastation from Katrina and Rita, the people who were affected are just now recovering. Thank you for your prayers!

Katrina was a Category 3 when it made land fall.  They are saying Gustav could be the same strength.  

I went to Wal-Mart to get a few things awhile ago and some of the shelves are almost EMPTY! Canned meats, bread, some paper goods, etc. People are preparing for whatever will reach here.
Jonathan and Brenda are in Beaumont and are waiting to see what they should do.  We have a place here for them, so if they need to evacuate I expect them to come here.  Unless, we all have to go further away from the storm.  We'll see..... 

12 comments:

Rochelle said...

I will be praying!!

Linda Elms said...

Thank you, Rochelle!

Tracie Smith said...

You are closer to those horrific storms now. As I girl I grew up on the coast and unfortunately have experienced several. At least they are more predictable than tornados. Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Michelle said...

I will be praying too!

Linda Elms said...

Tracie, you're right! I haven't been around hurricanes, but just watching people go into a "panic mode" (it seems) is a little unnerving. I'm really not worried about the storm so much as what I need to do to prepare for it, if it actually his land. Thank you for encouraging me to "have a good weekend". You sound calm, so I guess I will be. :) Love you!

Linda Elms said...

Michelle, thank you for your prayers. Love you!

iluv2prshim said...

We have been praying that the storm will turn, or better yet, just dissipate. We will continue to pray for everyone's safety too. Don't get blown away in the motor coach.

Anonymous said...

You'll be okay. Just act like you're going on vacation and move further north if you have to. Just keep that coach and the generator full and you'll be better off than most everyone else!! LOL!!! Welcome to the lower part of Texas! When I was 11 years old we moved from Electra to LaMarque, which is 13 miles from Galveston. Right after we moved there there was a hurricane warning and my Mom and Dad went rushing back to Grandma & Grandpa's house in Wichita Falls. They were so afraid it was going to hit. (They were in their 30's). I remember it didn't hit and, as a child I was disappointed because we had to leave Grandma's and go back to school. At least it's better then tornados...you can track a hurricane and get away from it.

I am praying that it will dissipate.

janet anglin said...

I, too, will be praying! I would hate to see anyone go through a hurricane or any type of a storm. Remember....God is in control, and He can speak to the storm, and it HAS to go.

Kevin Hopper said...

We are praying but no matter what I know God will see you through! My wife & I "enjoyed?" hurricane alecia from our second floor apartment in Houston. It sounded like a train going through! O the awesome power of God and the weather! It makes you realize afresh how big God is in our world!
Or is it His world?

Keith and Carla said...

Sis. Elms, I'm praying that Gustav dissipates, also! We felt some of the effects of Rita when it came through, and I didn't care for it much. Lots and lots of wind and rain. Of course, you know I don't care for tornadoes either!!!

Gayla said...

Give me an earthquake, anyday....!! LOL