I will not take the time to elaborate on what all has happened this week, but I can just say...WOW! To "kick off" the week there was a TBC Benefit Concert on Monday night, and I want to say that it was wonderful! The singers sang with passion and anointing. We had a wonderful variety of music, from "Bluegrass Gospel, to "good ole' Pentecostal singing, to contemporary. We were touched by the Holy Ghost as the songs mininstered to our hearts, and I was proud once again to be part of The United Pentecostal Church. You won't find better music anywhere! Tuesday morning Camp Meeting "officially" started. We have heard powerful messages, and solid teaching in each session. There has not been a "down time" since it started! The "spirit of unity" has definitely been felt here on the "ole' camp ground". I can honestly say I've never been to a better Camp Meeting, and I'm thrilled to be here!
One of the highlights of the week for me was today when I walked into the tabernacle and heard Sis. Robbie Guidroz playing the piano in the morning Bible Study. Bro. Guidroz was the Devotional Speaker and he had her play for worship. I love listening to her as she skillfully "tickles the ivorys" to the glory of God! She is a beautiful lady through and through, and one of my "favorite people"!
I will share some Camp Meeting pictures with you at a later time, but I just wanted to say a little today about what has been happening. Have a wonderful evening. I will try to post a little more tomorrow.
7 comments:
So glad you are having a great time at camp meeting. Just keep the comments and pictures coming!! I love hearing about camp meeting. Some of my favorite memories of childhood are of camp meeting and youth camp. Love you.
Sorry! I forgot to put in my name.
Vicki
I am so jealous. First year I haven't been able to go in a few years. Makes me want to leave tonight. I hope you enjoy for all of us and please post. I get inspiration from you weekly. Thank you for ever being a true lady I have looked up to for many years.
Glad you are having a great camp meeting! Robbie Guidroz is an awesome musician! A very talented lady! Her Mom, Sis. Fuller, a great lady who is in her late 80's, is still active in the West Monroe church.
I wish I could have been there for that session. Robbie is one of my favorite people too. She IS truly beautiful on the inside and out and I love to hear her play the organ or piano. She is a perfectionist in her worship. We are in NYC, a long way from the ole camp ground. We will be at our camp next week and then on the road again. My love....
Vicki, MEMORIES, MEMORIES! I love the memories of camp meetings, and youth camps of years gone by. I will post ASAP. I'm planning on having some pictures. I don't know what I actually have, so we'll see. I wish you were in the TEXAS District so you could be here with me. :)
Melissa, I wish you could have been here this year. It's been great! Thank you for your sweet compliment.
Jerry Ann, I wish you could have been here for the whole week! I missed you!
I miss those days at Texas Camp meetings. What a wonderfu memory you brought back. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment